McCracken banned from performing in CanadaJune 24th, 2012 - 5:20 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, June 24 (IANS) Singer Bert McCracken’s band, The Used, has reportedly been banned from performing in Canada.
They were denied entry in the country earlier this month, reports contactmusic.com.
“They won’t let me in. They said not for 10 years. It’s weird, they’re like, ‘You need to rehabilitate these crimes before you come back to Canada.’ I’m like, ‘What does that mean?’” the 30-year-old told the Rolling stones magazine.
The singer also insists that the authorities have blown things out of proportion.
“When I say criminal record, I’m talking teensy, eensy misdemeanors they still have on my record from, 2001 and 2003 - trespassing,” he said.
The star is hoping to organise a series of border shows in Michigan, New York to compensate for his fans who can drive from Canada over to the US border.
- I'm shy, sensitive and self-critical: Emma Watson - Jun 06, 2011
- Charlotte Church wants more kids - Dec 29, 2010
- Rascal claims his work influenced Will.I.Am - Jun 25, 2012
- Rich men are a turn-off: Nicki Minaj - Oct 22, 2011
- Singer Swift once dreamt of being financial advisor - Sep 05, 2011
- Cruise, Patton meet injured soldiers - Dec 20, 2011
- I have countless flaws: Rachel Weisz - Aug 02, 2012
- Efron blown away by Taylor Schilling - Apr 23, 2012
- I'm proud of Sarah Harding: Kimberley Walsh - Nov 30, 2011
- Jones feel safe when followed by paparazzi - May 21, 2011
- Liam-Miley aren't ready to wed: Chris Hemsworth - Apr 13, 2012
- Katy Perry turns to Hindu meditation - May 11, 2011
- CA sets up Asia innovation centre in Hyderabad - Apr 24, 2012
- All fine between dad and me: Beyonce - May 14, 2011
- Nicki Minaj finds herself awkward - Aug 09, 2011