McCartney bans meat on music tourApril 6th, 2010 - 1:47 am ICT by IANS
London, April 6 (IANS) Beatle legend Sir Paul McCartney has banned meat from his latest tour, as he’s serving vegetarian meals to all his crewmembers.
Macca, as he is fondly called, is taking his “Up and Coming Tour” through the US, South America and Europe, and the staunch animal rights activist is making sure all his employees give up meat for the duration of the trek, reports telegraph.co.uk.
“We will serve some 480 vegetarian meals a day to keep the crew going,” said a spokesman for McCartney.
British singer Leona Lewis is also taking steps to make her upcoming tour meat-free. She’s wiped animal products from the menu when she hits the road in May.
- McCartney urges Manmohan to celebrate vegetarianism - Jan 05, 2011
- Macca appeals for meat-free day in India - Jan 05, 2011
- Hindus back Catholics' call for meatless Fridays - Mar 07, 2011
- Hindus back Paul McCartney's call to India for a National Vegetarian Day - Jan 05, 2011
- Ex-Beatle Paul McCartney to tell EU: 'Less meat means less heat' - Nov 29, 2009
- McCartney launches vegetarian cookery book - Mar 27, 2012
- Mccartney immortalised on PETA Stamp - Nov 29, 2011
- Make Tihar Jail meat-free zone: PETA India - Nov 22, 2011
- Heather Mills to serve up meat-free dishes in new eatery V-Bites - Jun 29, 2009
- McCartney gets puppies' photo as wedding gift - Oct 18, 2011
- Promote vegetarianism, McCartney tells Anderson - Apr 30, 2009
- Leona Lewis to launch animal friendly fashion range - Nov 23, 2009
- Fran Healy Keeps Promise Made To Paul McCartney, Turns Vegetarian - Jul 29, 2010
- Paul McCartney all set to marry Nancy Shevell - Sep 16, 2011
- McCartney raises voice to save baby elephant in India (With Image) - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,