Mayer was “very, very nervous” to attend Oscars with AnistonFebruary 26th, 2009 - 6:08 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Feb 26 (ANI): John Mayer has confessed that he was “very, very nervous” to attend the Oscars with lover Jennifer Aniston.
“It’s not my world, the Oscar thing,” Us magazine quoted him, as saying on Ryan Seacrest’s KIIS-FM radio show.
“You can go from a Grammy winner to a water boy when you walk in the Kodak Theatre on Oscar night,” he said.
“That’s just like a whole different level,” he added.
As for the reason why he went to the ceremony, he said he went as “moral support” for Aniston.
Although he went there to support Aniston, Mayer said his role soon turned into: “‘Will you please introduce me to so-and-so?’”
Added the singer, “It was really, really fun.”
“As men, we’re incredibly sensitive about the decisions that we make with the women that we’re with,” he went on.
“I’m the kind of person who’s like: If I’m going out with a friend who’s bringing a woman and that friend brings another friend and I have to sit on one side of the table with that other person I don’t know, I have a terrible time because I always feel like people look by and go, ‘Oh, look who he’s with!’
“The whole thing is very odd to me. I maybe need to grow up or something.
“So the idea of walking down a red carpet is such … you know that forever, I basically stepped into the picture frame of Hollywood,” Mayer continued.
“For one night, I put on the most amazing suit and entered into the picture frame,” he added.
“You have to really be with someone that you know who has your back in that situation, and she did, and it was really great,” said Mayer.
Asked why he and Aniston decided to make the Oscars their first major public event together, he said, “At some point, you feel comfortable and say this is the choice I want to make.” (ANI)
- 'Glee' star Chord Overstreet says he's 'just friends' with Rumer Willis - Oct 14, 2010
- Jennifer Aniston says that she will be married by 2012 end - Feb 27, 2012
- Miley Cyrus on falling in love with Liam Hemsworth - Jun 15, 2010
- Demi Lovato too busy to romance - Jul 13, 2011
- Is Paris Hilton planning to wed beau Cy Waits? - Feb 18, 2011
- I love Courteney with all my heart: David Arquette - Apr 12, 2011
- Trawick and I are really normal: Spears - Mar 06, 2011
- John Mayer thinks Britney Spears songs are strange - Feb 27, 2009
- Boyfriend of Crystal Bowersox Splits On Performance Day! - May 28, 2010
- Lindsay can't quite understand why she makes headlines - Apr 30, 2010
- Single Kim Kardashian 'down for some hookups' in NYC - Oct 06, 2010
- Colin 'the king's' speech at Oscars - Feb 28, 2011
- Julianne Hough Gushes to 'Ellen' About Ryan Seacrest - Nov 17, 2010
- 'Up In The Air' producer eyes Indian collaborations - Mar 17, 2012
- Anne Hathaway proud of hosting Oscars - Apr 09, 2011
Tags: decisions, grammy winner, hollywood, jennifer aniston, john mayer, kiis fm radio, kodak theatre, moral support, oscar night, oscars, picture frame, radio show, red carpet, ryan seacrest, water boy