Matthew McConaughey is strict fatherMarch 22nd, 2011 - 11:02 am ICT by IANS
London, March 22 (IANS) Actor Matthew McConaughey says he is a strict father to children three-year-old son Levi and 15-month-old daughter Vida with his partner Camila Alves.
“Discipline is very cool. We run a tight and fun shift. I’m very playful but parents have the advantage of being around for so much longer,” he told Daily Record newspaper.
“If we’re going to sit there and teach our kids that life has consequences, they’re going to turn 18 and go out in their own world. They’re going to find it the hard way. You do it early so they understand how the world works and what is expected of them, not only as a citizen, but as their family name, as a McConaughey, things like that,” he added.
The “Lincoln Lawyer” star revealed his concern after watching other people do a bad job with their children and see them turn out to be “junk”, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“I’ve known too many kids — and some of them have been my friends — that did not turn out to be worth a c**p because the parents let them do whatever they wanted to do. They’ve turned to be junk,” he added.
- Matthew McConaughey engaged - Dec 27, 2011
- Fatherhood improved my acting skills: McConaughey - Mar 15, 2012
- Matthew Mcconaughey to again become dad - Jul 05, 2012
- Mcconaughey to wed this weekend? - Jun 10, 2012
- Marriage was not Alves priority till it happened - Aug 02, 2012
- McConaughey said no to 'bachelor party' - Jul 09, 2012
- Pregnant Camila experiences new things - Aug 17, 2012
- McConaughey, girlfriend conceived daughter after last year's ACM awards - Apr 20, 2010
- McConaughey's kids excited about new baby - Jul 26, 2012
- Camila Alves Gives Birth To Baby Girl - Jan 04, 2010
- No more romcoms for Mcconaughey - Jun 22, 2012
- McConaughey took home 'Magic Mike' costumes - Jul 10, 2012
- McConnaughey becomes father for second time - Jan 05, 2010
- Mcconaughey voted Hollywood's sexiest dad - Jun 16, 2012
- McConaughey likes simple fashion - Aug 22, 2012