‘Matrix’ fourth and fifth to be in 3D: Keanu ReevesJanuary 25th, 2011 - 9:35 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 25 (IANS) Actor Keanu Reeves has revealed that the fourth and fifth sequel to “The Matrix” are underway and are set to be in 3D.The actor who appears as Neo in the first three movies of the sci-fi action drama - hinted he and the writers of the franchise, Andy and Larry Wachowski, have discussed the possibility of shooting the two new movies in 3D and are reportedly seeking further advice from “Avatar” creator James Cameron.
“They have completed work on a two picture script treatment that would see him return to the world of ‘The Matrix’ as Neo,” contactmusic.com quoted him as saying.
“The brothers have met with James Cameron to discuss the pros and cons of 3D and are looking to deliver something which has never been seen again. He stated that he still has an obligation to the fans to deliver a movie worthy of the title ‘The Matrix’ and he swears this time that the treatment will truly transform the action genre like the first movie,” he added.
However, the Wachowskis are said to be keen to deliver something which has “never been seen” in the movie world and would “truly transform” the action movie genre.
- Is Keanu Reeves Really Returning With Matrix 4 And 5? - Jan 24, 2011
- James Cameron to help in Chinese 3D film - Apr 22, 2012
- Cameron tapped for China's 3D film - Apr 22, 2012
- Will Smith: Will He Be The Next Robin Hood? - Dec 08, 2010
- Reeves thanks Bigelow for 'Point Break' - Jan 17, 2011
- Janet Jackson wants to "kick butt" after missing 'The Matrix' role - Feb 03, 2010
- Cameron hit by lawsuit again over 'Avatar' - Dec 20, 2011
- Keanu Reeves And Alex Winter: A Surprise Awaits Us! - Dec 23, 2010
- 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' voted best action movie - Jan 30, 2010
- Matrix director Larry Wachowski is now a she - Jul 30, 2012
- Keanu Reeves confirms 'Bill And Ted 3' talks - Dec 23, 2010
- Cameron treats troops in Bahrain to 'Avatar' screening - Mar 03, 2010
- James Cameron says it was 'stupid' to add 3D effects to Clash of the Titans - Apr 24, 2010
- Avatar To Re-Release Worldwide With Extra Footage On August 27 - Jul 12, 2010
- 'Transformers: Dark Of The Moon' Secrets Unveiled - Dec 09, 2010
Tags: action drama, action genre, actor keanu, andy and larry wachowski, avatar creator, contactmusic, franchise, james cameron, keanu reeves, london jan, movie genre, obligation, pros and cons, sci fi, sequel, wachowskis