Mary J. Blige Collaborates with Drake For “The One”June 20th, 2009 - 8:10 pm ICT by GD
Mary J. Blige has collaborated with Canadian rapper Drake for her new single “The One”, which got released on June 5, 2009. Blige’s new album, the ninth one she was realized so far, is scheduled for a November 2009 release date. She performed the single recently at the Hot 97’s 2009 Summer Jam Concert.
With the new song “Stronger” that features the 20 year old Chris Brown, Blige has shifted tracks again. She has yet again proved her versatility and her deftness in singing. The odd team up is sure to reap heaps of benefit, with Blige’s throaty vocals and Brown’s softer ones. The single appears on the mix record tape titled “Desert Storm South R&B”. A video of the song got leaked online which fans for both the singers can enjoy.
According to reports, the lyrics for “Stronger” is written by Chris Brown, when he was with former girlfriend Rihana. The ‘then steady’ couple had all intentions to record the song together, but then the famous Rihana-Brown episode occurred when Brown was publicly condemned for abusing Rihana. A month later, when the patching up period was going on between the two stars, talks of them recording late at night with producer Polow Da Don surfaced. The connection between the news is that, the theme of that shelved song was similar to that of “Stronger”.
Now when “Stronger” is out and Rihana is not in the picture, it is evident that Mary j. Blige has stepped in to fill Rihana’s place. Blige has always been known to make her stand clear in matters of abusive relationships in the past, having suffered being in one herself. For her to have come together with Brown is going to help Brown in the long run.
- Today is Mary J. Blige's birthday - Jan 11, 2012
- R&B Singer Keri Hilson Makes A Comeback With "No Boys Allowed" - Dec 22, 2010
- Rihanna, Darke dating? - Jul 05, 2011
- Rihanna calls her relationship with dad 'strange' - Mar 17, 2011
- Ingrid Gutierrez tells media that Drake started the Chris Brown brawl - Jun 18, 2012
- Rihanna and I are just good friends: Drake - Aug 31, 2009
- Brown asks Rihanna to curb wild behaviour - Jul 15, 2012
- Chris Brown caught kissing Rihanna - Jul 27, 2012
- Drake says he's not dating Rihanna - Aug 31, 2009
- Mary J Blige to portray Justice Charlier in 'Rock of Ages' - Jul 21, 2011
- Parker to sue nightclub - Jun 23, 2012
- Lady Gaga goes gaga at MTV awards show - Sep 13, 2010
- Rihanna wasn't ready for romancing Drake - Nov 24, 2010
- Mary J. Blige To Play Nina Simone In Biopic - May 17, 2010
- Jay Sean and David Guetta team up - Apr 23, 2010
Tags: abusive relationships, amp, chris brown, da don, deftness, desert storm, drake, former girlfriend, heaps, hot 97, jam concert, mary j blige, new album, release date, singers, steady couple, summer jam, throaty vocals, two stars, versatility