Martin upset by Jay-Z’s Glastonbury performance debateMay 1st, 2008 - 2:24 pm ICT by admin
London, May 1 (IANS) Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin is upset with the whole debate surrounding rapper Jay-Z’s heading the Glastonbury festival, Britain’s best known music festival. Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher had blasted the organisers’ decision to invite Jay-Z saying it was ‘wrong’ to have hip-hop at the event, which is traditionally the domain of indie rock bands.
However, Martin, who worked with Jay-Z on the track “Beach Chair” in 2006, is of the opinion that Jay-Z is the best rapper and asked why would people complain about getting an opportunity to hear him live, reports ananova.com.
He said: “We recently came back to England to find all this hoo-hah, grandpas complaining about things they don’t know about. Coldplay not playing and Jay-Z playing is exactly what needs to happen for the world. He’s the best rapper in the world.”
The three-day Glastonbury festival starts June 27.
- Jay Z to perform at Paralympics closing - Sep 05, 2012
- Jay-Z refutes Noel Gallagher team-up reports - Oct 31, 2009
- Jay-Z wants to work with Liam Gallagher - Oct 06, 2009
- Pearl Jam to perform at Jay-Z's festival - May 23, 2012
- Jay-Z teams with Pharrell for clothing line - Aug 05, 2011
- Nicki Minaj wants to be an author - Mar 14, 2012
- Footballer Ashley Cole plans to make music - May 02, 2011
- Jay-Z, Beyonce upset with Kardashian - Sep 02, 2012
- 50 Cent On Kanye West And Jay-Z Joint Venture - Jan 18, 2011
- P. Diddy 'wealthiest artist in hip-hop' - Mar 11, 2011
- Music industry bit strange for girls: Gallagher - Oct 24, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow's rep denies New Year's Eve gig with Coldplay - Dec 24, 2010
- Chris Martin's funny friendship with Jay-Z - Dec 01, 2011
- Rock, Lawrence want Jay-Z tribute at funeral - Apr 20, 2010
- Jay-Z continues to taunt Noel Gallagher - Aug 22, 2008
Tags: beach chair, coldplay, coldplay lead singer, coldplay lead singer chris martin, england, glastonbury festival, hip hop, indie rock bands, jay z, june 27, london, music festival, noel gallagher, oasis guitarist, singer chris