Martin Short’s Wife succumbs to CancerAugust 24th, 2010 - 5:00 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
August 24, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Nancy Dolman the wife of actor Martin Short died on Saturday at the Couple’s home in Pacific Palisades; the two have been married for 30 years. A representative for the actor relayed this sad piece of information to E! News. The representative did not share any other information about the demise or how the Short was coping with the loss.
Nancy had been battling cancer since 2007 and she was 58 at the time of her death. The thespian couple had met while performing in a Canadian production of Godspell in the 1970s. Love blossomed and the two stayed married for 30 years, the couple had 3 children during this time. Nancy supported Martin in his career throughout their married life.
Martin Short is a prolific actor, who has played funny roles as well as creepy ones with equal panache. Short plays a significant role in the FX drama Damages for which he won an Emmy nomination for the Best Supporting Role. As expected the actor is in mourning and was unavailable for comments and so were all the other family members. The family is likely to have small private service with close friends and relatives paying their last regards to Nancy.
– Sampurn Wire
- Comedian Martin Short's Wife Nancy Dolman Expired - Aug 24, 2010
- "Bones" Star Emily Deschanel Exchange Vows With David Hornsby - Sep 27, 2010
- Peter Graves Dies Of Heart Attack - Mar 15, 2010
- `Ugly Betty' actress weds filmmaker Ryan Piers Williams - Jun 29, 2011
- Martin Short Set To Join The Cast Of "Damages" - Sep 24, 2009
- Ben and Edie team up for The House of Blue Leaves Broadway - Oct 01, 2010
- Fess Parker dies aged 85 years - Mar 19, 2010
- 'Desperate Housewives' Actress, Dixie Carter, Passes Away - Apr 12, 2010
- Renowned Actor Steve Landesberg Passes Away At 65 - Dec 21, 2010
- Edwin Newman Passes Away In England At 91 - Sep 16, 2010
- Sofia Vergara comes to the rescue of Ed O'NeillSofia Vergara Comes To The Rescue Of Ed O'Neill - Dec 10, 2010
- Nirmal Pandey: A star that burnt out fast - Feb 19, 2010
- Kelsey Grammer: Wife Wants The Divorce Proceedings To Be Slow - Jan 14, 2011
- 'Weeds' Likely To End With Seventh Season In 2011 - Nov 17, 2010
- 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards: Nominees & Winners - Aug 30, 2010
Tags: 1970s, cancer, close friends, damages, demise, e news, emmy nomination, family members, godspell, married life, martin short, mourning, pacific palisades, private service, prolific actor, relatives, sad piece, short plays, time nancy