Martin Sheen says that Charlie Sheen is ‘emotionally crippled’March 22nd, 2011 - 8:49 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Mar 22 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Martin Sheen sees very little hope for his troubled son, Charlie Sheen. Martin recently said he believes his son is ‘emotionally crippled’ due mainly to his drug addiction problem.
During an interview with the British newspaper Telegraph, Martin said the only remedy for his son might be faith. He said that faith have worked for so many people and believe it could work for Charlie as well.
Martin who is on a tour in Europe with his son Emilio Estevez to promote their new film ‘The Way’ told the newspaper that, “He’s not a kid. Emotionally he still is. Because when you’re addicted, you don’t grow emotionally. So when you get clean and sober you’re starting at the moment you started using drugs or alcohol. You’re emotionally crippled.”
70-year-old Martin had his own addiction problems before. He successfully broke free from alcohol addiction and he believes that his experience would be vital to get Charlie out of his own problems as well. He said Charlie listens to him “every now and then” when he offers advice to him.
Emilio was positive that Charlie could break free saying his father has not had a drink for 20 years now.
- Charlie Sheen is emotionally crippled by his addictions, says father Martin - Mar 22, 2011
- 'Charlie is emotionally child, going through hell' - Mar 22, 2011
- Ellen DeGeneres: Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez Discuss 'The Way' - Oct 19, 2011
- Martin Sheen, Emilio Estevez to co-write father-son memoir - Jan 20, 2011
- Charlie Sheen admits that he was 'In Total Denial' about the show 'Two and a Half Men' - Jun 07, 2012
- Martin Sheen honoured for Hollywood career - Aug 22, 2011
- Sheen is a different guy now, says brother - Aug 20, 2011
- Eastwood persuaded Sheen for rehab - Jul 08, 2012
- Charlie Sheen may be off drugs but damage has been done, say experts - Mar 10, 2011
- Charlie Sheen's Uncle Takes Advantage Of Nephew's Rehab - Jan 30, 2011
- Martin Sheen says son Charlie's 'addiction is like cancer' - Feb 24, 2011
- Is Lindsay Lohan worried about Charlie Sheen? - Jan 30, 2011
- Hindus want Martin Sheen to take up cause of apartheid of European Roma - Feb 26, 2011
- Charlie Sheen's daughter's wedding held last month - Oct 02, 2010
- Sheen needs to help himself: Richie - Feb 17, 2011
Tags: addiction problem, addiction problems, alcohol addiction, charlie sheen, drug addiction, drugs, emilio estevez, faith, little hope, martin sheen, new film, remedy, son charlie, telegraph, tour in europe