Martin Shah to return to stageAugust 23rd, 2010 - 3:11 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 23 (IANS) Veteran British actor Martin Shah is preparing to take to the stage again - just five days after he collapsed while performing in a play.
The 65-year-old shocked theatre-goers after falling ill and fainting while acting in “The Country Girl” in Shrewsbury, England Wednesday.
The show was immediately halted and he was forced to withdraw from his role, while an understudy took up his part.
But Shaw is refusing to take a long hiatus and he is resuming his role Monday, reports fashion.ie.
“I am so glad to be back treading the boards again. In all my 45 years on stage, being taken ill during a performance was a first for me, and one I certainly do not wish to repeat,” he said.
A spokesperson blamed the collapse on medical problems, revealing Shaw was taking antibiotics for a severe chest infection after suffering cracked ribs.
- Actor Martin Shaw Recovering From A Collapse On Stage - Aug 19, 2010
- Cole splits from long-term manager - May 02, 2011
- Chuck Berry 'recovers after collapsing at Chicago concert' - Jan 03, 2011
- The Wanted rescue fan who fainted - Jul 10, 2012
- West End play suspended after actor gets shot on-stage - Oct 04, 2010
- Bolton midfielder Muamba critically ill after collapse - Mar 18, 2012
- UK building collapse injures 11 - Jan 03, 2010
- Kallis ruled out for two weeks with rib injury - Jan 04, 2011
- Hazare hospitalised for chest infection, stable (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Kathleen Turner Returning To Broadway With "High" - Jan 23, 2011
- Some bacteria 'go to sleep to hide from antibiotics' - Apr 26, 2011
- Hazare stable, responding well to treatment - Jan 04, 2012
- Al Pacino set for theatre series in New York - Dec 08, 2009
- Breast implant 'swallowed' by woman’s body during a Pilates session - Dec 16, 2011
- Antibiotics ineffective against viral sinus infections - Mar 22, 2012
Tags: 45 years, antibiotics, british actor, chest infection, collapse, country girl, cracked ribs, fashion, hiatus, london, medical problems, shaw, shrewsbury england, spokesperson, theatre goers, treading the boards, understudy