Martin Scorsese wants to make Frank Sinatra’s BiopicMay 25th, 2010 - 9:15 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
May 25, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Director Martin Scorsese, who has been trying to make a biographical film on the life of singer and actor, Frank Sinatra is hoping to rope in Al Pacino and Robert De Niro in it. Scorsese, who is currently in India promoting his latest film Shutter Island, said that a whole generation is hugely inspired by Sinatra and his quest is to find the actor who can bring this icon back to life on the screen.
He added that his choice is Al Pacino for Sinatra’s role and Robert De Niro as Dean Martin.
Scorsese, who has been thinking about making this film for a long time, obviously has a clear plan in mind but it seems that a decent script is yet to be written, which is not only good enough for De Niro and Pacino, but is also appreciated by the tricky Sinatra estate.
Scorsese won an Academy Award for his 2006 crime thriller film, The Departed. He made the documentary No Direction Home that traces the life of Bob Dylan, and his impact on American popular music and culture of the 20th century. The film does not show Dylan’s entire life but focuses on his beginnings and his rise to fame in the 1960s.
It won a Peabody award and also got Scorsese an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Directing for Nonfiction Programming.
– Sampurn Wire
- Scorsese seeks Pacino, De Niro for Sintara movie - May 26, 2010
- Robert De Niro receives Honorary Doctorate Degree from Bates College - May 29, 2012
- De Niro to team up with Scorsese again - Mar 08, 2011
- Al Pacino, Robert De Niro reunite for violent gangster movie - Sep 19, 2010
- De Niro, Pacino may team up for 'The Irishman' - Sep 19, 2010
- Martin Scorsese Wins Golden Globes Again - Jan 18, 2010
- Zee Studios Showcases RAGING BULL On 14th October, Tuesday At 9 PM - Oct 14, 2010
- Al Pacino can't do what Indian actors do: Anupam Kher - Jun 27, 2011
- For Robert De Niro, direction is a nightmare - Jun 16, 2010
- Robert De Niro Honored By The Kennedy Center - Dec 30, 2009
- Robert De Niro Bags Cecil B. DeMille Lifetime Achievement Award - Jan 17, 2011
- Martin Scorsese wins Emmy for directing best drama - Sep 19, 2011
- 'Hugo' wins best cinematography, art direction - Feb 27, 2012
- Bob Dylan turns 70 Tuesday - May 24, 2011
- De Niro honoured with DeMille award at Golden Globe - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: 1960s, academy award, al pacino, american popular music, biographical film, biopic, bob dylan, crime thriller, dean martin, decent script, direction home, director martin scorsese, emmy nomination, frank sinatra, martin scorsese, nonfiction, peabody award, robert de niro, shutter island, wire director