Martin Scorsese hit with $2.8m tax billMarch 9th, 2011 - 1:38 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, March 09 (ANI): Following the mismanagement of Martin Scorsese’s accounts by jailed financier Kenneth Starr, the director has been asked to pay 2.8 million dollars in overdue tax.
The ‘Taxi Driver’ director - who has previously been asked to pay 1.9 million dollars in back taxes in a series of demands from the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the last decade - was asked to pay the past-due notice last month, although insiders have claimed it is only as a result of “mismanagement” from now-jailed accountant Kenneth Starr.
“Scorsese had been mismanaged for a number of years when he was at Starr and s**t started to happen again,” Contactmusic quoted a source as saying.
“In a general sense, his finances were messed up, and this is probably one of many things that didn’t get tended to.”
However, Scorsese’s representative Leslee Dart has denied he owes any money, claiming the request is a mistake.
Dart said: “The IRS prematurely filed this lien even though Mr. Scorsese had an agreement with the IRS to make payments and was fully complying. As of this moment, the entire amount is full paid, and he has no current IRS debts.”(ANI)
- Martin doesn't owe $2.8mn in taxes - Mar 09, 2011
- Al Pacino is involved in tax trouble - Mar 08, 2011
- Martin Scorsese sued over accountant's fees - Jul 10, 2010
- Brinkley pledges to settle tax debt - Dec 06, 2011
- Jaime Pressly of 'My Name is Earl' Allegedly Owes $637G Taxes - Jan 25, 2011
- Jeff Bridges Slapped With $24,000 Tax Lien - May 14, 2010
- Was Uma Thurman responsible for Ponzi schemer Kenneth I. Starr's arrest? - May 28, 2010
- Manhattan investment advisor Kenneth I. Starr arrested for fraud - May 28, 2010
- Wesley Snipes Tax Evasion Case Gets New Twist - Jun 27, 2010
- Celebrity Investment Adviser Kenneth Starr Arrested in $30M Fraud - May 28, 2010
- Actor Wesley Snipes ordered to begin three-year prison term - Nov 20, 2010
- Jaime Pressly Facing Tax Burden From IRS - Jan 25, 2011
- Uma Thurman engaged in real life action to get her money back - May 30, 2010
- Actress Jaime Pressly owes back taxes to the IRS - Jan 25, 2011
- US wants HSBC to reveal American tax dodgers in India - Apr 08, 2011
Tags: 8m, accountant, back taxes, debts, financier, insiders, internal revenue service, irs, kenneth starr, last decade, leslee dart, many things, martin scorsese, million dollars, mismanagement, mistake, money, overdue tax, taxi driver