Martin Scorsese finds Gomorrah despairing but also enlighteningJanuary 7th, 2009 - 5:09 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 7 (ANI): American film director Martin Scorsese has praised Italian filmmaker Matteo Garrone’’s film Gomorrah, calling it a tough, forceful look at the Neapolitan underworld.
Gomorrah is a movie based on a best-selling expose of the Camorra clan, and also about the organised crime in Naples, and it will have the credit Martin Scorsese Presents when it opens in the US on February 13.
Scorsese, 66, said that Gomorrah was despairing but also enlightening and, because of its frankness, strangely heartening.
I admire the bluntness of this picture and the devotion of Garrone and his actors in their pursuit of a terrible truth, the BBC quoted him as saying.
Garrone said that he was extremely proud that his award-winning drama had found such a prestigious adoptive father, and that he had been waiting for some time to thank Scorsese publicly for his courage and generosity. (ANI)
- Italian drugs, arms racket busted, 20 held - Jun 16, 2012
- 'Reality' wins grand prize at Cannes - May 28, 2012
- Fugitive mafia boss found hiding in box - Mar 10, 2011
- Nearly 50 mafia men held in Italy - Jun 07, 2012
- 16 Italian judges held in anti-mafia operation - Mar 20, 2012
- 'The Angels' Share' wins jury prize at Cannes - May 28, 2012
- Berlusconi blames author for giving publicity to mafia - Apr 17, 2010
- Mafia 'possess compromising Berlusconi photos' - Feb 08, 2011
- Italy arrests top mafia boss - Nov 18, 2010
- Nominations for BAFTA 2009 Film Awards - Jan 15, 2009
- DiCaprio 'will act', Frank Sinatra 'will sing' in biopic - Feb 19, 2010
- Fugitive Italian mafia leader arrested - May 04, 2012
- Beckinsale is the director at home! - Aug 05, 2012
- Godmothers fill in for incarcerated godfathers in Italian mafia - Aug 25, 2009
- Leonardo DiCaprio has no plans of playing Frank Sinatra - Feb 20, 2010
Tags: actors, adoptive father, american film director, bbc, courage, devotion, director martin scorsese, film director martin, frankness, generosity, italian filmmaker, jan 7, london jan, martin scorsese, naples, truth, underworld