Marriage with JLo wasn’t sustainable: Marc AnthonySeptember 2nd, 2011 - 11:39 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Sep 2 (IANS/EFE) Singer Marc Anthony said his seven-year marriage with Jennifer Lopez was no longer “sustainable” and that the couple’s split was not the result of a dramatic blowup.
“I’ll tell you that it wasn’t something sensationalistic happening,” said Anthony in an interview broadcast Thursday by ABC, breaking the silence he had maintained since news of the divorce broke.
“This is not a funeral. This is not a burial,” the 42-year-old singer and actor said of the breakup. “This is just two people who came together and just realized - and so I’m saying that it wasn’t sustainable the way it was, and that’s that.”
The artists announced their divorce July 15, but rumours about a possible split had followed them ever since they married, even after the birth of twins Emme and Max three years ago.
Anthony said that Lopez’s request for a divorce did not surprise him, and he also denied that he had been unfaithful to her, despite the fact that Us Weekly magazine reported recently that he had an extramarital affair with a flight attendant in 2009.
The singer refused to comment on his relationship with Jada Pinkett Smith, the wife of actor Will Smith, although Pinkett’s publicist denied that the pair were anything more than friends.
Meanwhile, Anthony added that he will “always” love Jennifer, 41.
- I will always love Jennifer: Marc Anthony - Sep 02, 2011
- Anthony, Smith are still friends - Sep 18, 2011
- Anthony denies seeing Will Smith's wife - Sep 03, 2011
- Marc Anthony seeks joint custody of kids - Dec 22, 2011
- JLo feels strong, looks toward future after divorce - Aug 03, 2011
- Scientology behind JLo, Marc split? - Aug 14, 2011
- Marc Anthony files for divorce from JLo - Apr 12, 2012
- JLo, Anthony's day out - Aug 12, 2011
- Jennifer Lopez arrives in Peru - Dec 05, 2011
- Jennifer Lopez & husband may have split because of Scientology - Aug 15, 2011
- Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith celebrate their anniversary with a high-five - Jun 11, 2012
- JLo likes sweet, good guys - Aug 15, 2012
- Jennifer Lopez says being a mom comes first - May 07, 2012
- Jennifer Lopez's alleged lover William Levy was accused in an underage sex scandal - Jul 20, 2011
- Lopez buys $18 million home - Sep 29, 2011
Tags: abc, blowup, breaking the silence, broadcast, divorce, efe, emme, extramarital affair, flight attendant, jada pinkett smith, jennifer lopez, jlo, marc anthony, marriage, publicist, relationship, rumours, twins, will smith