Marriage can wait for two years: Kareena KapoorMarch 17th, 2009 - 9:00 am ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, March 17 (IANS) Kareena Kapoor, who has received as many as four awards in just one month, says plans of her marriage to Saif Ali Khan may not happen for at least two years as her career is going great guns.
“It won’t happen for the next two years for sure. Am I crazy to get married now when so many wonderful things are happening to my career? Saif himself is ultra-busy trying to set up his production house. Marriage can wait. I’m just happy to have him by my side. I’ve got the best guy any girl can ever have.
“Right now I’m so busy I don’t have time to sleep properly. I haven’t even had time to move into my new house,” Kareena told IANS in an interview.
Overwhelmed after receiving four awards, she said: “Who doesn’t like attention, recognition and awards? I’ve got four awards in a month beginning with the environment award I got from Erin Brockovich, then two youth icon awards from Rotary International and Stardust. And now on Tuesday I was honoured by FICCI which Yash Chopra gave to me.
“My mother gets exasperated each time I bring home another trophy. Saif wants to know where I’m going to keep all of them. I’ve set aside a whole enclave for trophies and awards. I love looking at them. One day my children are going to look at them and be proud of me.”
Now, after a long time, Kareena will be in Mumbai for a month. “I’ve a month-long schedule of Rensil (D’Silva’s) film coming up in Mumbai.”
Saif and Kareena returned home to Mumbai this week from Delhi without completing the shooting for D’Silva’s film.
We never expected such crowds. They were everywhere. And it was impossible to shoot,” she says, sounding not the least put off. “Those people who love me out there keep me going. I love my fans and awards.”
And now Delhi will have to be fudged in the Mumbai schedule of D’Silva’s film.
The extent of the surging crowds in Delhi in the key shooting spots like Jama Masjid and Janpath for D’Silva’s untitled film was so huge and unmanageable that the unit has returned without shooting the required sequences.
Back in Mumbai after a week of futile shooting, Kareena says: “Everywhere we went there were these huge numbers of people who had come to see Saif and me. They were very sweet, very well-behaved. But unfortunately the number of people in key places like Jama Masjid and Janpath was always too high to shoot properly.”
As a result, there was almost no shooting.
“We did can some shots. But it was impossible to shoot with wide-angle lenses because the crowds were everywhere. We’ll now have to recreate some of the Delhi sequences in Mumbai.”
Kareena is certainly not unhappy about the attention she got in Delhi. “The people in Delhi were so warm. It just made me realise how much of a responsibility I have towards my audience. At this stage of my career I’d rather take another holiday than do a bad film.”
(Subhash K. Jha can be contacted at email@example.com)
- Neha in Karan Johar's next untitled project - Jun 15, 2012
- Arjun feels like vampire (Movie Snippets) - Dec 17, 2011
- Kareena will bring in her 30th birthday in Latvia - Sep 17, 2010
- Why Vivek Oberoi missing from 'Kurbaan' promos? - Nov 13, 2009
- I did make suggestions for changes in 'Heroine': Arjun - Nov 24, 2011
- Gurinder Chadha wants Saif to play Nehru in her next - Jun 20, 2012
- Kareena Will Bring In Her 30th Birthday In Latvia - Sep 17, 2010
- Saif On The Dilemma Of Doing Torrid Love Scenes With Kareena - Jul 05, 2009
- Not Without Kareena: Saif Shoots Music Video Solo - Oct 30, 2009
- I play terror mastermind in 'Kurbaan': Om Puri - Sep 19, 2009
- Kareena's role in 'Kurbaan' similar to Katrina's in 'New York'? - Nov 19, 2009
- Bollywood actors say 'Kurbaan' has global terrorism theme - Nov 14, 2009
- My mother didn't like me in bikini: Kareena - Jun 16, 2009
- Katrina and Kareena Play Similar Roles - Nov 19, 2009
- 'Agent Vinod' complete, release date final, says director - Jan 04, 2012
Tags: brockovich, crowds, enclave, environment award, extent, ficci, great guns, kareena kapoor, march 17, masjid, mumbai, rotary international, saif ali khan, silva, stardust, subhash k jha, trophies, trophy, wonderful things, youth icon