Marriage breakdown my fault: CaineJuly 24th, 2012 - 5:09 am ICT by IANS
London, July 24 (IANS)Actor Michael Caine believes himself guilty for the split with his first wife Patricia Haines because he was too young.
The 79-year-old married Haines when he was 22-year-old and accepts that he could not cope up with things after he became a father.
“Pat became pregnant and we had our wonderful daughter Dominique, who is now 56. But it was the wonderful straw that broke an already very weak camel’s back,” thesun.co.uk quoted Caine as saying.
“I walked out of the marriage. The marriage breakdown was entirely my fault. I was too young and immature to take on the poverty and personal and professional failure,” he added.
Caine is currently married to actress Shakira Baksh. He was recently seen in, “The Dark Knight Rises”.
- Keating opens up about marriage breakdown - Jul 22, 2012
- Is Megan Fox pregnant? - Mar 29, 2012
- Pery blames Brand for split - Jul 06, 2012
- Winfrey interviews Houston's girl - Mar 08, 2012
- Stevie Wonder files for divorce from second wife - Aug 05, 2012
- I don't know if Shakira is dancing for KKR: SRK - Mar 14, 2011
- Baldwin's big plans for wife Hilaria - Jul 22, 2012
- Katie-Leandro's marriage plans - Oct 01, 2011
- On the rise: Divorces under 25 - Dec 29, 2011
- Sir Michael Caine thanks France for the wrong award - Jan 07, 2011
- Brand dating Katy Perry lookalike - Jun 14, 2012
- Brand's nightout with brunette - Feb 16, 2012
- Groom marries bride who got raped - Feb 24, 2012
- Rihanna causes chaos at railway station - Sep 03, 2012
- Indian Muslims split over wedding age ruling - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: actor michael caine, actress, camel, dark knight, daughter dominique, failure, first wife, haines, london, marriage, marriage breakdown, michael caine, poverty, shakira, shakira baksh, wife patricia