Marlon Brando’s family still in dispute over his ashesAugust 10th, 2010 - 6:57 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Aug 10 (ANI): The dispute over the ashes of late actor Marlon Brando is still going on, with his ex-wife feuding with a woman who used to date ‘The Godfather’ star’s son.
According to TMZ.com, Donna Lopez Geon, who was in a relationship with Brando’s son Christian Brando until he died of pneumonia in 2008, currently has possession of the ashes.
Geon is said to have taken possession of several items that had belonged to her late boyfriend, including a portion of the cremated remains of Brando.
Anna Kashfi, who divorced Brando in 1959 and is the mother of Christian, wants the ashes back, and has filed legal papers in LA County Superior Court.
In court papers, Kashfi said Geon she took many of Christian’s possessions and that she wants the stuff returned.
“Christian wasn’t close with his family and wouldn’t have wanted his mother or anyone else to have his property when he died,” the New York Post quoted Geon as saying in an interview with TMZ.
“When I found out they were coming after the property, I took some of the ashes I have and spread them in Franklin Canyon [in Beverly Hills] … Marlon loved that place,” she stated.
Brando’s remains had been distributed to various people after he was cremated and portions of his remains have already been spread in Tahiti and Death Valley. (ANI)
- Al Pacino says he was almost fired from 'The Godfather' - Dec 08, 2010
- Johnny Depp: Whats His Dream Role? - Dec 01, 2010
- 'Godfather' house up for sale at $2.9m - Dec 05, 2010
- Coppola insists Brando's bad reputation was a misunderstanding - Jun 09, 2009
- 'Godfather' house on sale for $3 mn - Dec 05, 2010
- Gangster who inspired The Godfather was a 'fake' - Jan 06, 2011
- Marlon Brando suffered from bulimia, claims book - Dec 05, 2008
- Cher regrets not dating Brando and Presley - Nov 13, 2010
- Marlon Brando was a misunderstood eccentric: Coppola - Jun 10, 2009
- Even after so many years 'Godfather' remains fresh: Big B - Sep 02, 2011
- Court allows elderly man to evict son from house - Jun 19, 2012
- Marlon Brando, Robert Duvall once flashed butts to lighten mood on film sets - Dec 15, 2008
- Crowe to play Superman's dad in 'Man of Steel'? - Jun 17, 2011
- Actor Ben Gazzara dies in US - Feb 05, 2012
- Marlon Brando, Anthony Quinn exhibition to go on world tour - Jun 22, 2010
Tags: actor marlon brando, anna kashfi, beverly hills, county superior court, death valley, franklin canyon, geon, godfather, la county superior court, marlon brando, new york post, pneumonia, possession, possessions, relationship, tahiti, tmz