Mark Landon found dead at his houseMay 12th, 2009 - 3:51 pm ICT by GD
Sixty year old Mark Landon, the adopted son of actor Michael Landon, was found lifeless in his home in West Hollywood on Monday.
The body was discovered at about noon time. The death is being looked into by the Police department of the County of Los Angeles. The cause of death is not yet clear. There is, however, no sign of any foul play as of yet said Sergeant David Infante from the Sheriff’s house in Los Angeles County.
Mark’s foster father, Michael Landon had succumbed to cancer in 1991. Michael starred in ‘Bonanza’, “Highway to Heaven” and the television series “Little House on the Prairie”. Mark was the eldest of the nine children of Michael Landon. Mark made appearances in only three movies. One of these was a television movie “Us” on CBS written by Michael Landon. The movie’s director was also Michael himself and he directed the movie just before his death from cancer at the age of fifty four.
“Us” was intended as a series to be made with Michael in the lead. However the movie could only be shown on television after Micheal’s death. Mark Landon, among Michael Landon’s nine children, appeared in three movies, including - a CBS television movie written and directed by his father in 1991 just before he died of cancer at age 54.
The film was a pilot intended to be another series for Michael Landon. It aired a few months after his death.
- Michael Landon's son found dead in West Hollywood - May 12, 2009
- Jordan Landon survives for two days in a car wreck with his dead father - Nov 16, 2011
- Kutcher to play Steve Jobs - Apr 02, 2012
- Joe Jackson Files Lawsuit Against Dr. Conrad Murray Alleging Negligence - Jun 28, 2010
- Cause of Sage Stallone's death still unknown - Jul 16, 2012
- Rodney King is under house arrest for reckless driving - Feb 29, 2012
- Bonanza star Pernell Roberts Jr has died - Jan 27, 2010
- Dustin Hoffman On HBO's 'Luck' - Jul 15, 2010
- Michael Lohan arrested for domestic violence - Mar 23, 2011
- Dad's demise brings Diaz, Paltrow closer - May 01, 2012
- Jackson's doctor gets four-year jail term - Nov 30, 2011
- 'Happy Days' cast members' lawsuit heading for trial - Jun 06, 2012
- 'The Jefferson' star Sherman Hemsley dead at 74 - Jul 26, 2012
- Trial of Michael Jackson's physician put off - Oct 18, 2011
- No reunion for Wham! - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: bonanza, cancer, cause of death, cbs, cbs television, death mark, foul play, highway to heaven, hollywood, little house on the prairie, los angeles county, mark landon, mark s foster, michael landon, noon time, pilot, police department, sergeant, television series, west hollywood