Marianne Faithfulls life to be turned into filmMarch 14th, 2009 - 2:47 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 14 (ANI): The life of singer Marianne Faithfull, the real wild girl of rock, is to be told in a film.
At a time of her life, Faithfull, who once dated Mick Jagger, sank into heroin addiction and homelessness.
She published an autobiography in 1994.
And, now she has agreed to have her life transformed into a film.
“It won”t happen right away but we have found a director who I trust who wants to make a film of the book,” The BBC quoted her, as saying.
However, Faithfull, who is now releasing her 22nd album, said she did not want a say in casting an actress to play her.
She said: “I”m not getting involved. I”ll read the script, when it’’s ready, which isn”t for a long time, and then I”ll leave it to the director and the actress he chooses.
“I don”t want to have much to do with it. I want to read the script and like the script and then I”m going to let go of it and let them do what they want. That’’s the way to do it.”
Now 62, Faithfull added that her life was “a great story”.
Educated in a convent, she was discovered by the Rolling Stones” manager at 17.
She was once found wearing nothing but a rug during an infamous police search of Stones guitarist Keith Richards” house in 1967.
The singer spent two years living on the streets of London in the 1970s, addicted to heroin. (ANI)
- Marianne Faithfull to apologise to Kate Moss for calling her "vampire" - Jan 08, 2010
- Keith Richards' 'tiny willy' jibe at Sir Mick Jagger - Oct 15, 2010
- Marianne Faithfull calls Kate Moss 'a vampire' - Mar 08, 2009
- 'Keith Richards' seductress girlfriend almost broke up the Rolling Stones' - Oct 15, 2010
- Mick Jagger 'believed he was bigger than Stones' - Oct 25, 2010
- Mick Jagger to make rock movie - Apr 10, 2011
- Carla Bruni turned into comic book heroine! - Nov 20, 2010
- Nargis Fakhri's Hindi lessons yielding results - May 01, 2012
- Marianne Faithfull brands Kate Moss vampire - Mar 09, 2009
- Why the Queen refused to give Mike Jagger a knighthood? - Jul 11, 2012
- Jerry Hall slams Keith Richards' slur on Mick Jagger's manhood - Oct 18, 2010
- I won't be doing London Olympics: Ringo Starr - Jul 25, 2011
- Jagger was too possessive: Richards - Oct 15, 2010
- Mick Gagger wants best comedian for his new film - Apr 10, 2011
- Ronnie Wood's renewed sobriety boosts his friendship with Mick Jagger - Sep 29, 2010
Tags: 1970s, actress, autobiography, bbc, convent, film london, film of the book, guitarist, heroin addiction, homelessness, keith richards, living on the streets, marianne faithfull, mick jagger, police search, rolling stones, singer marianne, streets of london, time of her life, wild girl