Mariah Carey’s ex Tommy Mottola to pen memoirOctober 5th, 2010 - 3:04 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Oct 5 (ANI): Tommy Mottola, who is largely known for discovering stars like Shakira, Beyonce, and Mariah Carey - who also became his wife in a short-lived marriage, is set to write his memoir, detailing his rise to success and stories while he reigned at the top as the head of Sony Music.
Mottola has signed a deal to write “The Last Starmaker,” to be published by Grand Central Publishing, a division of Hachette Book Group USA, in early 2012.
“It’s time to tell his story,” the New York Post quoted a friend of Mottola as saying.
“The music industry is virtually over. Cream will always rise to the top. But the days of starmaking are over. Kids today only want one song, not the album, and they don’t know who the artist is,” the pal added.
Mottola will tell how Walter Yetnikoff brought him into CBS Records, and then turned on him after Yetnikoff self-destructed and lost his job.
Since Yetnikoff trashed Mottola in his 2004 memoir, “Howling at the Moon,” Mottola is expected to wreak some payback.
“The Last Starmaker” will also debunk the myth that Mottola was a jealous svengali over Carey.
According to a source, the book will explain that Carey, who was quite young at the time, came from a “confusing upbringing. (ANI)
- Mariah Carey's ex to pen memoir - Oct 05, 2010
- Tommy Mottola's life story set for documentary - Jul 26, 2011
- Mexican actress gives birth to second child (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Mottola, Thalia welcomes baby boy - Jun 28, 2011
- Designers pen fashion bibles; legacy for younger lot - Jul 20, 2012
- Schwarzenegger to pen autobiography - Sep 23, 2011
- Mariah Carey going back to her ex... record label Sony? - Jan 21, 2010
- Simon Cowell wants Tommy Mottola as judge on US X Factor - Jan 16, 2010
- Ricky Martin talks about sexuality, fatherhood and career in memoir - Aug 20, 2010
- Mexican singer releases her autobiography - Nov 03, 2011
- Castro to release first volume of memoirs in August - Jul 28, 2010
- Justin Bieber to release illustrated book, not autobiography - Aug 04, 2010
- Madonna's manager to replace Cowell on 'American Idol'? - Feb 10, 2010
- Jermaine to publish memoir on brother Michael Jackson - Mar 17, 2011
- Rob Lowe all set to write his own memoir - Jun 29, 2010
Tags: beyonce, cbs records, hachette book group, hachette book group usa, howling at the moon, mariah carey, memoir, music industry, myth, new york post, oct 5, payback, shakira, sony music, starmaker, svengali, tommy mottola, trashed, upbringing, walter yetnikoff