Margarita Rosa de Francisco returns to TVSeptember 28th, 2011 - 1:40 pm ICT by IANS
Miami, Sep 28 (IANS/EFE) Colombian actress Margarita Rosa de Francisco, who became well-known internationally with the hit soap opera “Cafe con aroma de mujer”, is returning to the small screen after a four-year absence.
It will be a different situation this time around, however. The Telemundo series “Correo de inocentes” is no soap opera.
“‘Correo de inocentes’ is a series that moves away from the soap opera format,” she told EFE via telephone from Colombia, where filming is going on for the drama about a mother who, to save the life of her daughter, becomes involved in the dangerous world of drug trafficking.
The subject, she said, “is dealt with in a realistic and very human manner, because it lets you see that some people enter this world as victims of circumstance”.
The 46-year-old actress made her debut in the acting world in 1981 with the TV series “Tacones”. Later, she went on to star in “Los pecados de Ines Hinojosa”, “Puerta Blanca” and the series that garnered international fame for her: “Cafe con aroma de mujer”.
Despite the fame she has obtained with her work in soaps, however, De Francisco says that, as an actress, the genre does not interest her any longer.
“I think that the romance novel is enjoyable; I believe that, as a genre, the soap opera contains everything, even the strongest issues. But as an actress, I prefer to do other things. In the years I was away from the soaps I devoted myself to studying, to making music, movies and theater (work),” she said.
- Litzy, Eugenio Siller to star in new TV soap opera - Aug 31, 2011
- Two held for murder of Mexican actress - Dec 31, 2011
- Body of Mexican actress found - Dec 05, 2011
- Spanish singer to take a break due to exhaustion - Feb 02, 2012
- Anahi makes US debut as shoe designer - Aug 22, 2012
- Paola Turbay plays a witch in `True Blood' - Jul 27, 2011
- Actress sent to jail for Green Card marriage - Apr 27, 2011
- TV actress Maria Gabriela de Faria to debut in movies - Aug 22, 2012
- Romeo Santos remains atop Billboard Latin Songs - Jul 01, 2011
- Spanish actor enjoys role as scoundrel - Sep 29, 2011
- Actress Roselyn Sanchez is pregnant - Aug 13, 2011
- An actor who gets song ideas from TV role - Jun 01, 2011
- Roselyn Sanchez gives birth to daughter - Jan 06, 2012
- Mexican actress prefers characters who take a stand - Apr 20, 2012
- US actress pleads guilty to harassment - Jul 30, 2011
Tags: actress, aroma, dangerous world, debut, different situation, drug trafficking, efe, hinojosa, ines, inocentes, international fame, margarita rosa de francisco, opera cafe, pecados, puerta blanca, romance novel, soap opera, soaps, tv series, victims of circumstance