Marc Jacobs heading for Dior?August 14th, 2011 - 2:19 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 14 (IANS) Marc Jacobs, the creative director of Louis Vuitton, is reportedly set to join as head designer for Dior.
Dior’s head designer John Galliano was sacked after being charged with racially abusing people in a Paris cafe.
While the brand hasn’t revealed the list of shortlisted candidates, it is claimed that Jacobs is on the top of the list for Bernard Arnault, the chairman of LVMH, the parent company of Dior, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“The two have met often in recent weeks to discuss the matter,” said a source.
“Jacobs, the current creative director of Louis Vuitton, renewed his contract with LVMH in January and it is possible for him to continue in his current position even if he takes over Dior,” he added.
- Jacobs happy at Vuitton - Oct 08, 2011
- Christian Dior still in search for Galliano successor - Jul 15, 2011
- Marc Jacobs to make film debut - Nov 03, 2011
- Dont mix fashion with politics: Marc Jacobs - Jul 21, 2012
- John Galliano to design for Topshop? - Jul 10, 2011
- Louis Vuitton to collaborate with Yayoi Kusama - May 24, 2012
- LVMH to acquire Bulgari for 3.7 bln euros - Mar 08, 2011
- Dior suspends Galliano after anti-Semitic remarks (Lead) - Feb 26, 2011
- Christopher Kane to join Dior ? - Feb 29, 2012
- Dior's John Galliano sacked over 'anti-Jewish slurs' - Mar 02, 2011
- Brit fashion designer John Galliano filmed saying 'I love Hitler' - Mar 01, 2011
- Fashion house Louis Vuitton to display Hindu motifs worldwide during December - Dec 08, 2010
- Sofia hates 'style icon' tag - Dec 17, 2010
- Galliano checks into rehab? - Mar 03, 2011
- Galliano stripped of French honour - Aug 26, 2012