Marathi film ‘Harishchandrachi Factory’ is India’s Oscar entry (Second Lead)September 20th, 2009 - 3:25 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 20 (IANS) Marathi film “Harishchandrachi Factory”, Mumbai-based theatre actor-director Paresh Mokashi’s debut movie, will be India’s official entry for the Oscars.
Mokashi told IANS Sunday that his film has been nominated by the Film Federation of India as the country’s official entry in the Foreign Language Film category.
The movie is on the making of “Raja Harishchandra”, India’s first full length feature film made in 1913 by the pioneer of Indian cinema Dadasaheb Phalke.
Mokashi’s low-budget period film was completed in January. It has bagged a series of international awards and honours. “The film is to be released in India soon,” the 40-year-old said.
“I will start campaigning for my film for the Oscars from next month. Aamir Khan, Ashutosh Gowariker and ‘Shwaas’ director Sandeep Sawant will help me in the promotion as they are experienced hands,” he said.
This is the second Marathi film after “Shwaas” to be nominated by India for an Oscar in five years. “Shwaas” was Sandeep Sawant’s directorial debut.
- Special screening of 'Harishchandrachi Factory' at Rashtrapati Bhawan - Dec 30, 2009
- 'Harishchandrachi Factory' to be India's Oscar entry - Sep 20, 2009
- 'Harishchandrachi Factory' to be India's Oscar entry (Lead) - Sep 20, 2009
- 'Harishchandrachi Factory' out of Oscar race - Jan 21, 2010
- Juhi Chawla misses entry to Oscars - Dec 12, 2009
- 'Harishchandrachi...' out of Oscar race, director unfazed - Jan 21, 2010
- Now, National Film Awards to be held May 3 every year - May 03, 2012
- Paresh Mokashi Takes Harishchandrachi Factory To The Oscars - Dec 19, 2009
- Harishchandrachi Factory In Oscars Race - Oct 23, 2009
- On Indian cinema's centenary, wax statue to honour Phalke (With Images) - Feb 17, 2012
- Director Paresh Mokashi on India's Oscar entry Raja Harishchandrachi Factory - Feb 09, 2010
- UTV to release 'Harishchandrachi Factory' Jan 22 - Dec 02, 2009
- Indian entry Harishchandrachi Factory fails to make it to the Oscar nominations for the Best Foreign Film - Jan 21, 2010
- 'Harishchandrachi Factory' humanises Phalke beautifully (Marathi Film Review) - Jan 30, 2010
- Who is Girish Kulkarni? - Mar 12, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, ashutosh gowariker, budget period, debut movie, directorial debut, feature film, film category, foreign language, full length, indian cinema, international awards, language film, length feature, low budget, oscars, period film, raja harishchandra, sandeep, shwaas, theatre actor