Maradona Rebello in Anil Sharma’s Dunno Y… Na jaane KyunSeptember 8th, 2009 - 5:35 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Looks like the young star Maradona Rebello is spreading his wings! After his controversial role in Sudipto Chattopadhyay’s Pankh, in which he played Bipasha Basu’s alter ego, Maradona has now signed Anil Sharma’s Dunno Y… Na Jaane Kyun, which is to be directed by Sanjay Sharma. Maradona plays Zeenat Aman’s younger son and Helen’s grandson in the film and aspires to be a big shot hotelier and go to Dubai.
Ask him about his good fortune and Maradona turns red. “Maybe this is what they call Lady Luck,” he says. “It’s been a long time since we shot Pankh and even today my friends ask me what it was like to shoot with Bipasha. And now, my uncles ask me what is it like to shoot with Zeenat ma’am and Helen ma’am.” Maradona has a pivotal role that is parallel to the main cast of Zeenat Aman, Helen, Rituparna Sengupta, Kapil Sharma and Yuvraaj.
Dunno Y… is a family drama and there is not a leading star as such. So be not mistaken that Maradona will be lost amidst the biggies. Well, everyone has an important role and is a lead in his and her own right with their respective sweet and sour tale of life.
“Before we began shooting Pankh, my director Sudipto (Chattopadhyay) took me to Bipasha’s place and introduced me to her. She spoke to me and asked me to be at ease and not get over-awed. For all that I heard about her, Bipasha turned out to be down-to-earth and simple person,” he says.
“And as for Zeenat ma’am, we hit it off from the day one. Maybe because we’re both Xavierites (Mumbai). And, of course, it’s been a great pleasure working under Sanjay Sharma. He is the most chilled out director.”
The film also stars Asha Sachdev, Parikshit Sahani, Hazel and Mahabano Modi Kotwal of Vagaina Monologues fame.
- Zeenat Aman to perform Aap Jaisa koi... again! - Dec 12, 2009
- Gay Kissing and Love-Making Scene Banned By The Censorboard - Sep 25, 2010
- It's tough to strip before Lilette Dubey, says Maradona Rebello - Apr 02, 2010
- Dunno Y.. Na Jaane Kyun Actors Awarded - Sep 18, 2010
- Preview Of Dunno Y...Na Jaane Kyon: Can It Showcase Homosexual Relationship In The Right Way? - Nov 12, 2010
- Dunno Y...Na Jaane Kyun To Screen At IFFI, London, In August - Jul 23, 2010
- "Dunno Y..." going to Indian film fest of London - Jul 23, 2010
- Review 2 : Dunno Y…Na Jaane Kyun (2010) - Nov 13, 2010
- 'Dunno Y... Na Jaane Kyon' To Be Screened In Iview New York Film Festival - Jun 19, 2010
- Review Of Dunno Y…Na Jaane Kyon: Confusing, Clumsy And Waste Of Talents - Nov 13, 2010
- Maradona Rebello goes nude in front of Lilette Dubey - Apr 03, 2010
- Stunning And Elegant Zeenat Aman Appear At A Music Launch Event - Oct 11, 2010
- I wasn't doubtful while taking up 'Dunno Y...': Zeenat Aman - Oct 07, 2010
- India’s 1st Gay Film ‘Dunno Y, Na Jaane Kyun’ Starring Zeenat Aman, Music Launched!! - Oct 09, 2010
- 'Dunno Y...' to be screened at iView film festival - Jun 15, 2010
Tags: alter ego, anil sharma, asha sachdev, bipasha basu, controversial role, family drama, good fortune, hotelier, kapil sharma, lady luck, maradona, monologues, mumbai, pivotal role, rebello, rituparna sengupta, sanjay sharma, uncles, younger son, zeenat aman