Manisha Turns Politician In Her First Film, Post MarriageJune 29th, 2010 - 2:11 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
June 29, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Recently, Bollywood actress Manisha Koirala wedded a Nepali businessman Samrat Dahal. The actress has signed her first film, post marriage, where she will be essaying the role of a politician.
In a statement, Manisha said, “I am very happy to get this role. I wanted to act in different films with challenging roles after marriage and this is just perfect. I am looking forward to start working in this film.”
Under the banner of Yograj Cinevista, the film will start rolling once the rest of the cast and crew are finalized.
According a statement issued by the producer, “We are making this women-centric film under the banner of Yograj Cinevista, in which Manisha will be playing the role of a politician.”
In real life, Manisha’s grandfather BP Koirala is the first elected Prime Minister of Nepal. The actress, who debuted in Bollywood in 1991 with Subhash Ghai’s Saudagar, said that she always wanted to play the role of a politician.
Manisha was highly appreciated for her performance in Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s 1942: A Love Story, Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Khamoshi and for Mani Ratnam’s Bombay as well as Dil Se.
She has other projects in her hand apart from this unnamed movie. These include Rohit Kaushik’s Chehere, Deepti Naval’s directorial debut Do Paise Ki Dhoop and director Onir’s I Am series, where she will be seen playing a Kashmiri woman.
– Sampurn Wire
- Manisha to play politician in first film post marriage - Jun 26, 2010
- Manisha Koirala To Tie Knot With Nepali Businessman - May 26, 2010
- Nepal fails to do justice to Manisha Koirala - Dec 10, 2010
- Manisha Koirala To Skip World Premiere Of I Am - Sep 15, 2010
- Manisha Koirala To Buy Dream Home In Paris - Sep 04, 2010
- Deepti Naval finds nothing wrong with remakes - Dec 09, 2011
- My priorities have changed after marriage: Manisha Koirala - Sep 04, 2010
- Manisha one of our finest actresses: RGV (Movie Snippets) - Sep 21, 2012
- Interesting roles dried up, they're coming now: Deepti Naval (Interview) - May 20, 2011
- Bollywood beckons its married heroines - May 02, 2012
- I did good films because of Ashok Mehta: Manisha - Aug 19, 2012
- English theatre is waning: Rajit Kapoor - Nov 08, 2011
- Does 'Ek Second...' Debacle Prove That There Are No Takers For 'Senior Actors'? - Jun 21, 2010
- Washington hosts first South Asian film festival - Jun 04, 2012
- First South Asian film fest concludes in Washington (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: actress, bp, businessman, cast and crew, cinevista, deepti naval, dhoop, directorial debut, june 29, khamoshi, love story, mani ratnam, manisha koirala, prime minister of nepal, role of a politician, samrat, sanjay leela bhansali, saudagar, Subhash Ghai, vinod chopra