Manisha Koirala rejects cameo role in Amol Palekar filmMarch 16th, 2009 - 4:18 pm ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, March 16 (IANS) Actress Manisha Koirala was overjoyed when she was offered a role by actor-turned-director Amol Palekar in his new film. But later she refused to accept the role as it turned out to be just a cameo.
“I’d have loved to work with Amolji. It was an interesting character, that of a Buddhist monk. I’d have given my right arm to play the role, if only I had at least two scenes… achcha chalo, only one meaty scene. I’ve never believed in measuring my roles in terms of playing time. Lekin kuch to hona chahiye… (but something should be there).”
Manisha had to reluctantly say no. “It broke my heart. Because I’m into Buddhism. And I want to work with Amolji.”
She expected Palekar to offer her yet another opportunity to relive her golden days of “Khamoshi”, “Bombay” and “Dil Se”.
Now the role has gone to Antara Mali who was last seen in Ram Gopal Varma’s “Main Madhuri Dixit Ban-na Chahti Hoon” and “Naach”.
- Manisha Koirala's Rejects Antara Mali Grabs The Part - Mar 16, 2009
- Antara Mali goes bald for Amol Palekar's film (With Image) - Jul 24, 2010
- "And Once Again Is Not My Comeback Movie": Antara Mali - Aug 02, 2010
- 'And Once Again' not my comeback film: Antara Mali - Jul 31, 2010
- Rituparna Sengupta in Amol Palekar's next - Mar 13, 2009
- I became an actor by default -- Rajat Kapoor - Aug 19, 2010
- It's nappy time for B-Town moms - Mar 27, 2012
- Antara Goes Bald - Jul 24, 2010
- Deepti Naval finds nothing wrong with remakes - Dec 09, 2011
- 'And Once Again' - Disappointing fare by Amol Palekar (Hindi Film Review, Rating: **1/2) - Aug 22, 2010
- Salman Khan can dance, says choreographer - Jul 29, 2010
- Rajat Kapoor all booked this season - Jul 18, 2009
- Still no visibility for parallel cinema in India: Amol Palekar (Interview) - Jul 30, 2010
- Anita Raj makes a comeback - Nov 30, 2011
- Nepal fails to do justice to Manisha Koirala - Dec 10, 2010
Tags: actress, amol palekar, antara, antara mali, bombay, buddhism, buddhist monk, cameo role, chalo, dil se, khamoshi, madhuri dixit, manisha koirala, mumbai, naach, new film, playing time, ram gopal varma, right arm, subhash k jha