Manish Naggdev feels positive roles challenging, but limitingJuly 15th, 2012 - 7:44 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 15 (IANS) Goody, goody roles do not have too much scope for improvisation. Therefore, it is challenging to make them stand out, says Manish Naggdev, currently seen as Mukund Dixit in “Madhubala…Ek Ishq Ek Junoon”.
“When you do a positive role, the negative character overtakes you. There is not much space to improvise and you have to be limited in your acting. If you try to add any spice to your character, it doesn’t work. So I think it limits you somewhere,” he told IANS.
Therefore, he feels playing a positive character is much more challenging.
“When you have to play a negative character, you can act loudly. You can play with the character, raise your eyebrows, and give that evil smile and attitude.
“But when you are playing a positive guy, you have to be very subtle. You have to reflect everything positive. I feel it is challenging to play a positive character,” he said.
A common face on Indian television, Naggdev has been seen on shows like “Banoo Main Teri Dulhann “, “Santaan” and “Rehna Hai Teri Palkon Ki Chhaon Mein “.
Like any other small screen artists he too have big screen dreams.
A big Salman Khan fan, Naggdev would “love to go for a film now. When I saw my name on the credits in ‘Madhubala….’, I got that filmy feeling.”
“I am a big time Salman Khan fan. Each of his films is entertaining. I would love to do ‘Bodyguard’ and ‘Rowdy Rathore’ kind of films. I am good in action, so I know I will be able to pull it off,” he said.
But right now “Madhubala…” is a demanding show and the actor says that there is “a lot of pressure. We have to deliver good performances.”
As there are good actors around, so there is a lot of competition as well, he added saying “there are also seniors watching you on the set.”
- 'Krishnaben' wants to play Ranbir Kapoor's mom in films - Jan 15, 2011
- Krishnaben Khakhrawala: Ranbir Kapoor Lies In Her Bucket List - Jan 15, 2011
- Zee TV’s Mera Naam Karegi Roshan To Go Off Air - Nov 26, 2010
- Small screen's 'Madhubala' has no Bollywood plans (With Images) - May 21, 2012
- No 'Body Double' For Ratan Rajput - Oct 08, 2010
- 'From Sydney...' has no double-meaning comedy: Sharad Malhotra (With Images) - Jul 30, 2012
- Now I know why Chetan Bhagat is famous: Amrita Puri (Movie Snippets) - Jul 09, 2012
- Ankita replaces Dimple in 'Amrit Manthan' - Jul 06, 2012
- Amrapali To Be Sidelined In 'Rehna Hai Teri Palkon Ki Chhaon Mein'? - Jul 03, 2010
- Old vs new -- 'Teri Meri Kahaani' set designer in time warp - Jun 01, 2012
- The audience should have entertainment: Salman Khan (Interview) - Aug 10, 2012
- I want Madhubala's films, Madhuri's talent: Dia - Mar 29, 2012
- Salman's fans have given him the best Eidi: Sohail Khan - Aug 17, 2012
- My name is Payal Shukla and I'm not a Bihari - Apr 07, 2010
- Sushmita Mukherjee in 'Madhubala' (With Images) - May 18, 2012
Tags: actors, attitude, big time, bodyguard, dixit, ek, evil smile, eyebrows, films, hellip, improvisation, indian television, junoon, rehna hai, salman khan, scope, screen dreams, seniors, spice, teri