Manipuri Fashions To Be Showcased GloballySeptember 4th, 2010 - 9:05 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
September 4, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): It has been announced that the local designers from Manipur are all getting ready to showcase their talents on a global platform.
These Manipuri designers will soon take their place in the global fashion scenario and will be taking a trip to places like Italy and Germany, in order to show their exquisite and exclusive designs. They would be traveling to these nations in the end of this year.
Manipur Development Society, or the MDS is a state government run project. They collaborated with the Indian Chamber of Commerce so as to undertake the Manipur Handloom Export Development Project in a much serious manner.
They also launched this project so as to carry local designs of Manipur for the global markets to see. This project has been completely sponsored by the State Planning Board.
Manipur Development Society and the Indian Chamber of Commerce’s members are supposed to visit Milan from the 9th to the 12th of September. The Chief Secretary D.S. Poonia plans to take local designers as well as their designs so as to display them at Milan.
After Milan, next the team would be flying down to Frankfurt in the month of December. This project has been kick - started so as to export the state’s massive and enchanting handloom designs to potential new markets.
– Sampurn Wire
- Corporates told to give handlooms, handicraft products as gift items - Aug 13, 2012
- Event to promote handicraft, handloom sector - Aug 17, 2012
- North East craft persons showcase their work at IITF 2010 - Dec 04, 2010
- NEIFT Organizes North-East Handloom Festival 2010 - Jul 22, 2010
- India needs to invest in technology to raise exports - Sep 05, 2010
- Indo-Arab chamber sets up south India chapter - Aug 04, 2012
- Investors apprehensive of Bengal's policies: Assocham - Aug 22, 2012
- Village handicrafts go on show at Dilli Haat - Dec 03, 2011
- G20 should focus on food security, infrastructure: Business leaders - Nov 02, 2011
- Is Indian handloom dying a slow death? - Dec 14, 2011
- India's silk exporters scout new markets to beat Chinese competition - Jan 31, 2012
- 'India can be world leader in handmade textiles' - Jan 05, 2012
- India's software industry sees little US impact but market nervous - Aug 08, 2011
- India, Japan implement economic pact; aim to double trade (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- Initiative to strengthen investment between India, Britain - Apr 02, 2012
Tags: 12th of september, chamber of commerce, chief secretary, export development project, frankfurt, germany, global fashion, global markets, global platform, indian chamber of commerce, italy, local designers, mds, milan, showcase, state government, state planning board, talents