Mani Ratnam admitted to Chennai hospitalApril 15th, 2009 - 4:58 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 15 (IANS) Multilingual filmmaker Mani Ratnam was admitted to a private hospital Wednesday following “breathing difficulty and dizziness”, a family source said.
“He had a few minutes of breathing difficulty and dizziness. There is no need for any panic as the director is healthy and likely to be discharged after routine check-up and a day’s rest. He may resume work shortly,” the source said.
With a history of cardiac problems since the making of multilingual film “Yuva” (2003), Ratnam is resting in Apollo Hospital, the source added.
The 52-year-old is currently working on “Raavan” starring National Award winner Vikram, Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai, publicists said in a press statement.
Having introduced Oscar winner A.R. Rahman to the industry through the critically acclaimed commercial success 1992 hit “Roja”, the multilingual filmmaker has so far made 19 films. These include “Mouna Raagam”, “Nayagan”, “Anjali”, “Iruvar”, “Kannathil Muthamittal”, “Yuva”, “Roja” “Bombay” and “Dil Se”.
- I don't know how to make a film: Mani Ratnam (Interview) - Jun 17, 2010
- 'Mani Ratnam went off to hospital quietly' - Apr 17, 2009
- Mani Ratnam chopped Abhishek's hair for 'Raavan' - Jun 02, 2010
- "If I Had Cast Abhishek In The Tamil Version Of Raavan, I'd Have Still Been Shooting For The Film "- Mani Ratnam - Jun 16, 2010
- What's common between Mani Ratnam and Shankar? - Dec 03, 2009
- Abhishek, Aishwarya off on wedding anniversary holiday - Apr 19, 2009
- Abhishek as Raavan but only in Hindi - May 01, 2010
- "Raavan" opens to rave reviews in the US - Jun 19, 2010
- Karunanidhi in hospital for check-up - Nov 22, 2011
- I was rejected after my first audition: Madhavan - May 09, 2010
- Movie Review - Raavan(2010) - Jun 18, 2010
- Madhoo wants Ratnam to make 'Roja 2' - Jul 09, 2012
- Not doing Shankar's film: Deepika Padukone - Jul 24, 2012
- Will Abhishek be third time lucky with Mani Ratnam? - May 15, 2010
- Now I'm confident about doing more Tamil movies: Aishwarya Rai - Apr 26, 2010
Tags: abhishek bachchan, abhishek bachchan and aishwarya rai, aishwarya rai, apollo hospital, bombay, breathing difficulty, cardiac problems, commercial success, dil se, dizziness, family source, few minutes, films, mani ratnam, national award winner, oscar winner, private hospital, publicists, raagam, routine check