Mani gifts Govinda a song in RaavanaJune 25th, 2009 - 2:26 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
For over two decades now, Govinda had made for himself quiet a bad reputation in industry circles of being a late latif. He was known to always come late on his film sets citing the silliest of excuses. He had changed this habit while shooting for David Dhawan’s Partner but apparently, post the film’s success he came back to his old whimsical ways. But now it is learnt that for the shooting of his Mani Ratnam directed Raavana, Govinda has been not only coming to the film’s sets on time but is also being the first artist to reach the location.
A source reveals, “During the recently concluded schedule in Ooty (which didn’t have Abhishek Bachchan n Aish) Govinda used to be ready to go to the location as early as half past five in the morning. Apparently, Govinda’s such professionalism left Mani Ratnam so much impressed that he has now decided to add a special song which will be shot on him alone. Mani had earlier been cautioned by many industry insiders about Govinda’s fussy habits during shoots and that it would be a hara-kiri taking him on. But Govinda not only was always on time but also showed lot of willingness and gave suitable inputs to make his character in the film better.
The film is supposedly a modern day take of Ramayana with Abhishek playing the title role. Govinda’s role in the film is the character based on Hanuman in the sense that he aids Vikram (who plays Aishwarya’s hubby in the film) to reach Abhishek.
- Oil massages help Govinda get by Difficult Days! - Aug 22, 2009
- Mani Ratnam in reflection mode - Apr 22, 2010
- Mani Ratnam chopped Abhishek's hair for 'Raavan' - Jun 02, 2010
- 'Raavan' was my most challenging film to date: Abhishek Bachchan (Interview) - Apr 26, 2010
- Two epics come alive in contemporary retelling this summer - Jun 03, 2010
- 'Raavan' set for London premiere - Jun 04, 2010
- Abhishek's diet tips (Movie Snippets) - Oct 04, 2011
- Abhi-Aish's concern for Mani Ratnam's health - Jun 05, 2009
- What's common between Mani Ratnam and Shankar? - Dec 03, 2009
- Raavan: Abhishek's most challenging project. - Apr 26, 2010
- My 'Chakravyuha' has nothing to do with 'Ko': Prakash Jha - Feb 03, 2012
- Bollywood steps out of studio - into real locations - Jan 26, 2011
- Will Abhishek be third time lucky with Mani Ratnam? - May 15, 2010
- I don't know how to make a film: Mani Ratnam (Interview) - Jun 17, 2010
- When Rama met Hanuman - a short, delightful take (IANS Book Review) - Oct 19, 2011
Tags: abhishek bachchan, aids, aish, aishwarya, bad reputation, david dhawan, decades, habit, hanuman, hara kiri, hubby, industry circles, industry insiders, latif, ooty, professionalism, ramayana, vikram, willingness