Manhattan investment advisor Kenneth I. Starr arrested for fraudMay 28th, 2010 - 1:26 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, May 27 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Manhattan investment advisor Kenneth I. Starr has been arrested. He was arrested on Thursday, because he committed fraud and also swindled his clients to the tune of millions of dollars. Kenneth’s clients included top Hollywood celebs like Uma Thurman, Martin Scorsese, Goldie Hawn, Candice Bergen, Ron Howard and Wesley Snipes. Apart from the Hollywood heavyweights, his clients also included photographer Annie Leibovitz, as well as former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger and Caroline Kennedy amongst many other high profile celebs.
Kenneth is the chairman and the CEO of Starr & Company, and he had established the company in 1989. He executed a $30 million Ponzi scheme and cheated his numerous clients. According to the documents from the US Southern District of New York, he has been charged on five counts. These five counts are ‘wire fraud scheme to obtain property; fraud by an investment advisor; money laundering; making false statements on an IRS filing; and making false statements to a federal officer’.
He used the funds of his clients to splurge on luxuries for himself. He had recently bought a 5-bedroom Upper East Side condominium, for a price tag greater than $7.5 million. To pay for the condominium, Starr used the funds of an ‘elderly heiress’.
- Was Uma Thurman responsible for Ponzi schemer Kenneth I. Starr's arrest? - May 28, 2010
- Celebrity Investment Adviser Kenneth Starr Arrested in $30M Fraud - May 28, 2010
- Ponzi schemer Kenneth Starr sentenced to seven-and-a half years in fraud case - Mar 03, 2011
- Kenneth Starr's arrest may aid the Wesley Snipes tax evasion case - Jun 27, 2010
- Actor Wesley Snipes ordered to begin three-year prison term - Nov 20, 2010
- Wesley Snipes' seeking Ponzi schemer's stripper wife to beat tax rap - Sep 02, 2010
- Martin Scorsese sued over accountant's fees - Jul 10, 2010
- Uma Thurman engaged in real life action to get her money back - May 30, 2010
- Indian man faces deportation from Britain - Mar 09, 2012
- Wesley Snipes Tax Evasion Case Gets New Twist - Jun 27, 2010
- Ex-celebrity adviser Kenneth Starr jailed for 7 1/2 years in fraud case - Mar 03, 2011
- Wesley Snipes Wishes A Fresh Trial On Tax Evasion Charges - Jun 27, 2010
- Wesley Snipes wants new trial in tax evasion case - Aug 26, 2010
- Martin doesn't owe $2.8mn in taxes - Mar 09, 2011
- Martin Scorsese hit with $2.8m tax bill - Mar 09, 2011
Tags: annie leibovitz, candice bergen, caroline kennedy, false statements, fraud scheme, goldie hawn, heavyweights, heiress, henry kissinger, hollywood celebs, investment advisor, irs filing, kenneth i, martin scorsese, ron howard, southern district of new york, splurge, uma thurman, wesley snipes, wire fraud