Mandy Patinkin Appears In The Medical Drama Series “Three Rivers”November 16th, 2009 - 7:53 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Nov.16, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The fans of the popular medical drama ‘Three Rivers‘ were in for a treat as the much acclaimed American actor Mandy Patinkin made a guest appearance on the show which was aired on Sunday. In the episode, the 56 year old actor plays the character of Victor, who is suffering from Lou Gehrig’s disease and wants to donate his organs to save other lives.
Mandy’s character is brought into the hospital following a car crash. The character refuses to undergo any treatment and demands to be taken off life support as he intends to donate his organs. The episode which was viewed by a large number of audiences turned out to be an immensely entertaining experience for them. Mandy’s true to life portrayal of the role kept the viewers asking for more. Interestingly, the actor also has real life experience of organ donation as he underwent two corneal transplants some years ago to rectify an eye ailment known as keratoconus. The cornea’s were donated by a young 13-year-old girl and a 12-year-old boy which enabled him to be cured of the disease that impairs normal vision damaging the shape of the cornea.
Mandy is a known face on television as he has appeared in a number of popular television series such as ‘Chicago Hope’, ‘Criminal Minds’ among others. The actor also received an Emmy Award for his amazing performance in the series ‘Chicago Hope’. Apart from these, the actor has also starred in many movies which has also enabled him to win multiple awards.
- Biosynthetic corneas restore vision in humans for the first time - Aug 26, 2010
- PM, wife pledge to donate eyes - Sep 08, 2011
- Concert To Raise Awareness For Lou Gehrig's Disease - May 17, 2010
- Umbilical stem cells help recover lost vision - Dec 09, 2009
- Umbilical stem cells could help recover lost vision in people with corneal disease - Dec 09, 2009
- 1,700 Chinese donate bodies for medical research - Mar 01, 2012
- Former Minnesota Vikings Player Orlando Thomas Still Alive - Oct 29, 2009
- Minister inaugurates organ transplant unit - Jun 12, 2010
- Matthew Perry Returns To Small Screen With ABC's "Mr. Sunshine" - Feb 10, 2011
- 'Stiff penalties mooted for unethical practices in organ grafting' - Nov 27, 2010
- Chris Colfer Reveals New Development In ‘Glee’ - Dec 29, 2010
- Now, an artificial cornea from China - Jul 25, 2010
- 270 Mile Tri-State Trek Points At Deadly Lou Gehrig Disease - Jul 25, 2010
- Tina's 'Uttaran' tales with Vidya's 'Kahaani' - Feb 23, 2012
- Save lives, become an organ donor (Nov 27 is World Organ Donation Day) - Nov 27, 2010
Tags: american actor, car crash, chicago hope, cornea, corneal transplants, criminal minds, drama series, emmy award, eye ailment, gehrig s disease, gina gomez, guest appearance, life experience, lou gehrig, mandy patinkin, medical drama, normal vision, organ donation, three rivers, true to life