Mandy Moore ‘was a pop puppet’April 16th, 2009 - 4:28 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 16 (ANI): Mandy Moore has said that she doesn’t like hearing her early music, as she was a “pop puppet” at the time who was allowed to record only those tracks that were authorised by music bosses.
The crooner shot to fame at the age of 15 after the 1999 release of her debut ‘So Real’.
But she says that her first efforts still embarrass her, as she was not involved in the creative process behind her songs.
However, Moore is planning to redeem herself with her forthcoming CD Amanda Leigh, which she co-wrote with singer-songwriter Mike Viola.
“The music (on Amanda Leigh) is all a reflection of me now, not somebody else’s choices. I was just told to show up and what to sing… That was late-’90s pop music for you,” Contactmusic quoted her as telling Details magazine,
Mandy, however, insists that her 1990s pop contemporaries should be proud of their hits.
She said: “I found myself in the company of Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera, who had really quality music, much more so than mine. I’m sure there are people scratching their heads, going ‘Wow, how is she still around?’” (ANI)
- Mandy Moore "always knew" her music was different from Britney Spears' - Jun 05, 2009
- Britney Spears still dominates music charts despite personal problems - Mar 10, 2011
- Christina Aguilera Shines In 'Burlesque' Soundtrack - Nov 27, 2010
- Aguilera promotes boyfriend - Jun 16, 2012
- Christina Aguilera Spotted With Another Man! - Nov 27, 2010
- Cuban singer-songwriter dies - Feb 03, 2012
- Jessie J an inspiration for Britons, says Picton - Jul 28, 2012
- Aguilera to release dance comeback - Jul 20, 2012
- My music is different: Mandy Moore - Jun 05, 2009
- Christina Aguilera Confronted Julianne Hough At CAA Party? - Jan 18, 2011
- Songwriter defends Britney Spears for not demanding co-writing credits - Apr 09, 2011
- Eminen calls Gaga 'male lady' - Jun 07, 2011
- Christina Aguilera's divorce a result of 'wild vacation' with girls! - Oct 16, 2010
- Christina Aguilera Sizzles On 'DWTS' Stage - Nov 24, 2010
- Aguilera to return for 'The Voice' - Feb 09, 2012
Tags: 1990s, britney spears, britney spears and christina aguilera, choices, christina aguilera, contemporaries, creative process, crooner, debut, details magazine, early music, forthcoming cd, mandy moore, pop music, puppet, quality music, reflection, singer songwriter, viola