Mandy Moore “always knew” her music was different from Britney Spears’June 5th, 2009 - 5:43 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 5 (ANI): Mandy Moore has said that she “always knew” her music style would be different from that of Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera’s.
The 25-year-old, who rose to prominence at the same time as her fellow pop singers, said she did not like sticking to formula music and would rather prefer to take a different road.
“I kind of always knew we would all differentiate ourselves from one another,” Contactmusic quoted her as telling MTV News.
“Musically, they’ve stuck to a formula that works for them and, obviously, has always proven successful. I don’t think I found that same success singing music that really, at the end of the day, I wasn’t happy singing,” she added.
Mandy further defended her new album ‘Amanda Leigh’ based on “70s sort of California pop”, insisting: “It wasn’t a bold gesture to try and show that I was an adult. I sort of have taken my baby steps to get to where I am today. I feel comfortable singing the music that I’m singing, because it’s coming from me, finally.” (ANI)
- My music is different: Mandy Moore - Jun 05, 2009
- Mandy Moore 'was a pop puppet' - Apr 16, 2009
- Aguilera 'turned to LiLo's lesbian ex-lover for support after marriage spilt' - Oct 22, 2010
- Aguilera to launch another perfume - Mar 10, 2011
- Ora's parents were unaware of her interests - Aug 13, 2012
- Madonna gets emotional - Mar 24, 2012
- Christina Aguilera cancels summers tour - May 25, 2010
- Russell Brand admits to less sex since marrying Katy Perry - Mar 23, 2011
- Christina Aguilera Shines In 'Burlesque' Soundtrack - Nov 27, 2010
- Amanda Seyfried convinced Sarah Jessica Parker to replace Demi Moore in Linda Lovelace biopic - Mar 12, 2012
- I was a victim of celebrity status, says Aguilera - Jun 17, 2011
- Samantha Ronson, Christina Aguilera had threesome? - Oct 30, 2010
- Is Christina Aguilera pregnant? - Nov 22, 2010
- Drunken Aguilera allegedly crashed into Renner's bed - Jan 20, 2011
- Britney Spears still dominates music charts despite personal problems - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: adult, baby steps, britney spears, britney spears and christina aguilera, california pop, christina aguilera, contactmusic, different road, formula music, gesture, mandy moore, mtv, mtv news, music style, new album, pop singers, prominence