Mandy Barnett stars in “Always…..Patsy Cline”May 17th, 2009 - 8:32 pm ICT by GD
Almost two decades ago, the writer cum producer, Ted Swindley wrote a one-act play that was tailored made for the Texan audience. The setting of the play was Hudson and the story of the play revolved around a devoted fan of Patsy Cline, who at the start of the play starts corresponding with the country legend.
Since, the time Ted first began to pen down his one-act play it took the shape of a national phenomenon. This prompted Ted to lengthen his script, with the inclusion of some more action and a handful of Patsy Cline’s most famous songs. The play with all the modificationsÂ was brought to the stage for the first time on a much larger scale in the year 1994 at Nashville. Mandy Barnett, who was the a young girl of 18 played the lead character of the play.
6 years later after the first production at Nashville, in 2000 Barnett reprised her role as the legendary country singer, Patsy Cline at the Ryman Auditorium.
Come 2009, Mandy Barnett is back again playing Patsy Cline, in the “Always….Patsy Cline”, which will be running through Saturday, that is till 23rd May, in the same Ryman Auditorium at Nashville. This time around more changes and additions have been made in the script.
The present script also includes the famous hits of Patsy, such as the “Crazy”, “Sweet Dreams” and “She’s Got You.” The devoted fan, Louise Seeger (the character who also narrates the play) has been played by Tere Myers.
The performance of Mandy Barnett is spot on all the way from start to finish, reminding all of us that there will “always be Patsy Cline.”
- Grand Ole Opry Restores Back To Glory With "Country Comes Home" - Sep 29, 2010
- Ryan Gosling latest project is 'The ides of March' - Oct 10, 2011
- Elizabeth Hurley's son loves 'Austin Powers' - Nov 19, 2010
- Noddy comes to India! - Jul 13, 2012
- Wahlberg feels humour in 'Ted' may offend people - Jul 09, 2012
- 'Tumhari Amrita' most satisfying experience: Shabana - Nov 21, 2011
- Justin Bieber Shows His Philanthropic Side, Donates For Flood Victims - Aug 13, 2010
- Houston Texans Defeated By The Philadelphia Eagles By 34-24 - Dec 03, 2010
- Actress Patsy Palmer gives birth to her 4th child - a baby boy - Dec 14, 2010
- Terry stunned and upset over attack on father by rival fans - Nov 12, 2010
- "Bill &amp; Ted 3" On Its Way, Alex Winter Confirms - Sep 26, 2010
- Sampath Is Happy To Play Bharath’s Father In 'Yuvan Yuvathi' - Jan 11, 2011
- Pamela Anderson to play Virgin Mary! - Nov 16, 2011
- Bollywood seemed funny, yet fascinating: Barbara Mori (Interview) - Apr 28, 2010
- 'Mad Men' should end : Jon Hamm - Jun 14, 2011
Tags: 6 years, additions, audience, country legend, decades, handful, inclusion, legendary country singer, mandy barnett, nashville, national phenomenon, patsy cline, ryman auditorium, shape, singer patsy, sweet dreams, ted swindley, time ted, young girl