Mandira Bedi to endorse lingerie brandAugust 11th, 2010 - 6:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 11 (IANS) After acting in TV serials and films, hosting shows, and playing cricket presenter, Mandira Bedi is now all set to endorse lingerie brand Bodycare.
The actress feels women have become more choosy about lingerie and says the brand she’s endorsing is cute and fun.
“Indian women consumers are becoming more cautious these days in choosing lingerie, which is in effect helping the growth of branded lingerie in India. Bodycare is a cute, girly and fun brand. It’s an exciting opportunity for me because I get to put my own input into the brand - that’s the main reason I agreed to do it,” Mandira said in a press statement.
“The collection ranges from comfortable, yet stylish innerwear, easy wear to sensuous lingerie,” added Mandira, who first shot to fame with popular serial “Shanti”.
Bodycare, established in August 1992, offers European inspired designs. While male celebrities have been readily endorsing underwear brands, an actress is a refreshing change for such a brand, says Bodycare managing director Sanjay Dawar.
“In recent times men’s innerwear industry has seen a plethora of celebrity endorsement from the biggest leading names in Bollywood. On the other hand, in the women’s innerwear segment, there is just one brand that has dared to venture in this league and that is Bodycare,” he said.
He too agrees that there is a tremendous shift in demand for lingerie from women.
“With factors like growing number of working women, changing fashion trends, rising information level and media exposure, and the foray of famous foreign brands in the Indian market, Indian women have become more conscious about the range of brands that should fill their wardrobes.
“The old practice of stacking lingerie in a corner of the wardrobe no longer exists in the modern age. Rather, the taste of women related to their undergarments has reached new heights and it will not be a hyperbole to say that it has become a fashion statement,” Dawar added.
- Bodycare Lingerie Announces Mandira Bedi As The New Face - Aug 16, 2010
- Mario Lopez launches innerwear range - Dec 12, 2011
- Usher longs to design lingerie - Jul 10, 2010
- Lingerie is foundation of woman's wardrobe: McCartney - Nov 26, 2011
- Lingerie model Kerr believes in fun on runway - Mar 23, 2012
- Oprah Winfrey responsible for boom in plus-sized lingerie - Jan 25, 2011
- Richie to create fashion line for TV - Nov 13, 2011
- Salman to endorse footwear brand (Movie Snippets) - Jul 23, 2012
- Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Starts Today! - Jul 16, 2010
- Time to unveil our own Victoria's Secret: Indian designers - Dec 08, 2011
- Whiteley turns lingerie designer - Aug 15, 2012
- Von Teese to launch lingerie range - Apr 14, 2011
- Rihanna new face of Emporio Armani - Jul 12, 2011
- Rihanna collaborates with Armani - Nov 23, 2011
- Kidswear market boon for Indian economy: Designer Rocky S (With Image) - Jan 14, 2012
Tags: celebrity endorsement, collection ranges, dawar, fashion trends, foray, hyperbole, indian women, information level, lingerie brand, male celebrities, mandira bedi, media exposure, refreshing change, sanjay, sensuous lingerie, shanti, tv serials, undergarments, wardrobes, working women