Manali gets its first cinema hallJune 11th, 2009 - 2:05 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 11 (IANS) Manali, one of Himachal Pradesh’s more popular tourist destinations, has got its first cinema hall.
It was inaugurated in the Piccadilly multicomplex building this week.
“This is the first cinema hall in this town. The ultra modern hall has a capacity of 281 seats,” Sham Sharma, owner of the hall, told IANS.
“The tourists had been complaining of lack of entertainment facilities in the town,” he added.
With a population of around 25,000, Manali is a popular destination among both domestic and foreign tourists.
The picturesque town is also popular among Hindi filmmakers who often come here to shoot their films.
- Drizzle, mild snow in Himachal hills - Jun 02, 2012
- More snow, Shimla records season's lowest temperature - Jan 09, 2012
- More snow in store for Shimla, Manali - Feb 11, 2012
- Manali wrapped in white again - Jan 05, 2012
- More snow in Shimla, Manali (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Himachal towns get snow after 35 years (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- It's a dry Christmas in Himachal resorts this year - Dec 24, 2011
- Snowless Himachal not so inviting this New Year's eve? - Dec 30, 2011
- Snowfall drapes Dharamsala, Shimla in white - Jan 07, 2012
- Heavy snow in Himachal, tourists stuck (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Himachal's snowy peaks pull in tourists - Dec 12, 2011
- Mild snowfall in Shimla, Manali - Mar 08, 2012
- A tribute to Balraj Sahni in Himachal hills - May 09, 2012
- Snow-clad mountains luring tourists to Himachal - Nov 19, 2010
- Snow in Manali hills, tourists happy on 11.11.11 - Nov 11, 2011