Mallika Sherawat’s brother detained at Mumbai airportJune 7th, 2011 - 4:00 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 7 (IANS) Bollywood actress Mallika Sherawat’s brother Vikram Lamba was Tuesday detained at the Mumbai international airport for carrying foreign currency and dutiable items above the permissible limit, a customs officer said.
“Lamba was carrying more than $10,000 (Rs.4.4 lakh) in cash and some dutiable goods,” Commissioner of Customs (Airport) P.M. Govande told IANS.
“We are valuing the foreign currency and the items he was carrying. He is also being questioned. Till the time we value the currency and the items, he will be detained,” he added.
This is the third such case involving Bollywood personalities since the last month.
On May 26, Bipasha Basu had to pay a duty of Rs.13,000 for carrying excess baggage.
On May 18, Bollywood actress Minissha Lamba was detained at the Mumbai international airport for 16 hours by the customs department for carrying undeclared jewellery worth nearly Rs.50 lakh.
- Ekta Kapoor detained at airport, released - Aug 08, 2011
- Bipasha pays for excess baggage at airport (Second Lead) - May 26, 2011
- I paid Rs.12,000 for excess baggage: Bipasha - May 26, 2011
- Bipasha detained at airport, pays Rs.12,000 (Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Not questioned by customs: Dia Mirza - Jan 07, 2012
- Minissha Lamba held at airport with undeclared jewellery - May 19, 2011
- Airport detentions on the rise for Bollywood stars - Jun 29, 2011
- Dia Mirza fined for undeclared goods by customs - Jan 07, 2012
- Jewellery still with customs, says Minissha Lamba - Jun 03, 2011
- It is an open and shut case: Minissha - May 20, 2011
- Goa's Education Minister detained at Mumbai airport - Apr 02, 2011
- I'll go to Cannes every year now: Minissha Lamba (Interview) - May 22, 2011
- Pakistani singer Rahat Ali Khan, manager fined Rs. 15 lakh - Feb 20, 2011
- Shobhaa De takes a dig at Cannes-returned Minissha (Movie Snippets) - May 19, 2011
- Millions, Minnisha And Mallika For ‘Contract’ - Nov 12, 2010