Mallika now wants to learn lavani (Movie Snippets)January 20th, 2011 - 9:56 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 20 (IANS) She enjoys typical Bollywood dancing, but now “Maiyya maiyya” girl Mallika Sherawat is keen to learn lavani, a popular folk dance of Maharashtra.”I’m not a trained dancer, but I enjoy dancing. My favourite dance is Bollywood dance, but now I want to learn lavani. I’m not getting a teacher, but as soon as I get a good one I’ll start my lessons,” Mallika told IANS.
Currently the actress is hosting a dance reality show “Chak Dhoom Dhoom” on Colors channel.
I never follow a pattern: Madhur Bhandarkar
After making hard-hitting movies, three-time National Award winning filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar has moved to comedy with “Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji” and says he tried the gnere because he wanted to explore new avenues and take fresh challenges.
“I’m a person who never plans a film. I never follow a pattern. For me, it’s challenging to try something new and I think as a filmmaker one should always take challenges and I feel one should explore different genres of cinema,” Bhandarkar told IANS.
Releasing Jan 28, “Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji” revolves around three bachelors, played by Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi and Omi Vaidya, and their love life.
Abhay, Emraan will break stereotypes in ‘Shanghai’: Dibakar Banerjee
Filmmaker Dibakar Banerjee, who has brought actors Emraan Hashmi and Abhay Deol together for the first time for his film “Shanghai”, says they will be seen in a new light in his movie.
“I have been aware of how people look at Abhay… they see him as this black sheep and dark horse. And I know when people think of Emraan, they think of a kiss. But in this film, equations will change and they will be seen in a very different light,” Dibakar told IANS.
“I needed two characters who were dramatically different in this film. Abhay came in first and then I pursued Emraan. They’ll be breaking all kinds of stereotypes in this film,” added the director of “Khosla Ka Ghosla” and “Love Sex Aur Dhokha”.
“Shanghai” will go on floors this April.
- Bhandarkar unveils first look of 'Dil Toh Bachcha...' - Nov 12, 2010
- 'Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji' to be released on Republic Day - Jan 15, 2011
- Movie Review: Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji- A New Venture At Stake - Jan 28, 2011
- 'Dil Toh Bachcha...' explores child within every man (IANS Preview) - Jan 24, 2011
- Movie Preview: Dil Toh Bachcha Hai Ji - Jan 27, 2011
- Emraan Hashmi: Will Mallika Sherawat Bury The Hatchet? - Jan 28, 2011
- Taking a huge risk with romantic comedy: Madhur Bhandarkar (Interview) - Jan 16, 2011
- Censor spoilt prospects of 'Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji' - Feb 02, 2011
- Rituparna Sengupta In Madhur's Dil Toh Bachcha Hai Ji - Aug 23, 2010
- 'Dil Toh Baccha...' more challenging than '3 Idiots': Omi Vaidya - Jan 01, 2011
- No wedding bells for Lisa (Movie Snippets) - Jan 06, 2011
- No one can understand women like Madhur: Ajay Devgn - Nov 28, 2010
- I want to make an intense love story: Bhandarkar - Feb 19, 2011
- "Madhur Bhandarkar Is Damn Funny": Neha Janpandit - Aug 10, 2010
- Start working than talking about 'Mr. India' sequel: Anil Kapoor (Movie Snippets) - Jan 23, 2011
Tags: abhay deol, bachelors, banerjee, black sheep, dark horse, different light, emraan hashmi, folk dance, genres of cinema, jan 28, love life, maharashtra, mallika sherawat, new avenues, omi, reality show, shanghai, snippets, stereotypes, toh