Malini Ramani The Perfect Choice For Lakme Grand FinaleAugust 5th, 2010 - 5:40 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
August 5, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Malini Ramani, one of the leading Indian fashion designers, has been chosen as the “Grand Finale designer’ for the upcoming Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2010. India’s premiere beauty brand Lakme has made this announcement for the fashion week, which will be held from September 17 to September 23 this year.
The association of Malini with Lakme and Fashion Week is 10 years old. The designer is still remembered for her first collaboration when she had created a beautiful “mosaic’ theme for “Lakmé Grand Finale’. Now, she is back again to design for the LFW Winter/Festive. She is expected to showcase her distinct style of converging bohemian flamboyance with the theme.
The theme for the “Lakme Grand Finale’ of this season is “Gypsy Collection’ by Malini Ramani. The collection is a fusion of influences from along the length and breadth of the globe, which have been inspired by her own journeys of motivating inspiration.
Malini Ramani informs, “The Gypsy collection of Lakme is based on the winter palette of Lakme, which is dedicated to the Gypsy within all of us. My journey for this collection is reflected in the colors and patterns of the designs, which will project out and out a different viewpoint of mine. I am also surprised by the gypsy spirit that has caught me and I am exploring new spaces going beyond my familiar area.”
N. Rajaram, Vice President of Lakme says, “In this year’s Lakme Grand Finale, we will launch the “Gypsy collection’ with Malini Ramani, who is a perfect choice for such a grand occasion. Malini has also designed an exclusive collection suitable for the modern Indian women like Lakme has done”.
– Sampurn Wire
- Festive wear to dominate LFW runway (Preview) - Sep 16, 2010
- Riot of colour, gypsy designs...Malini Ramani concludes LFW in style - Sep 22, 2010
- LFW Winter-Festive puts spotlight on new talents, Indian weaves (Curtain-raiser ) - Aug 01, 2012
- Manish Malhotra to be LFW grand finale designer - Jul 05, 2011
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- Kallol Datta, Pankaj-Nidhi to present LFW grand finale - May 24, 2012
- A debut after 40 years and book in making, Pallavi Jaikishan on a roll - Jul 21, 2012
- Kareena helped in brand building: Pankaj-Nidhi - Aug 08, 2012
- I don't believe in showstoppers: Pallavi Jaikishan - Aug 03, 2012
- Fine Blend Of Renowned And Fresh Designers At LFW - Aug 30, 2010
- Designers recreate yesteryear, spiritual charm on ramp - Aug 04, 2012
- Payal Kapoor to revive Benaras motifs at LFW (With Images) - Jul 20, 2012
- LFW Winter/Festive 2011 all about business (Curtain raiser) - Aug 15, 2011
- Kareena to catwalk at LFW finale? - Jul 10, 2012
- Regulars give Accessory Show at LFW a miss - Aug 03, 2011
Tags: 10 years, bohemian, breadth, distinct style, flamboyance, grand finale, grand occasion, gypsy spirit, indian fashion designers, indian women, inspiration, journeys, lakme fashion week, malini ramani, mosaic, palette, perfect choice, rajaram, september 17, viewpoint