Malayalam superstar Dileep attends tax department bashJuly 25th, 2011 - 3:30 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, July 25 (IANS) Even as two of his fellow superstars Mammootty and Mohanlal are under the scrutiny of Income Tax (I-T) sleuths, Malayalam superstar Dileep attended the tax department’s cultural celebrations here as one of the chief guests.
Dileep sent the audience into ripples of laughter each time he referred to the raids against his co-superstars.
“The moment you people came to invite me, I asked my producer and director who was doing my latest film to go away because I have to be in this function,” Dileep said while addressing the audience at the function Sunday night.
He said if the tax authorities ever wanted to interrogate him, all they had to do was give him a call.
“And if I don’t come to you, please scare me by saying that you will now arrive at my house and I will be with you the very next moment,” he said to a round of applause.
On film stars allegedly evading tax, he said: “Please don’t see us trouble makers and as tax evaders. It is just that we are not good in numbers.”
Dileep is one of the leading individual tax payers in Kerala.
I-T officials July 22 raided Mammootty, Mohanlal, and several of their business associates across four southern cities for suspected tax evasion.
- IT raids on superstars Mammootty, Mohanlal on (Roundup) - Jul 23, 2011
- Malayalam superstars feel heat of IT raids - Jul 23, 2011
- Film star-turned-minister bats for Mohanlal - Jul 22, 2011
- IT raids could hold more blows for Mammootty, Mohanlal - Jul 24, 2011
- IT team arrives at Mohanlal's Kochi home - Jul 26, 2011
- Dileep, Swetha Menon win top honours at Kerala film awards - Jul 19, 2012
- Mohanlal should be stripped of honorary Lt. Colonel rank: Azhikode - Jul 22, 2011
- Income tax raids on Mammooty, Mohanlal (Third Lead) - Jul 22, 2011
- Income tax sleuths knock at Mammooty, Mohanlal's doors (Second Lead, changing dateline) - Jul 22, 2011
- Priyanka Chopra: The Queen Of Realty - Jan 26, 2011
- Mammootty, Mohanlal together have Rs.30 crore undisclosed income - Aug 12, 2011
- Now, Mammootty and Mohanlal enter sports arena - Nov 01, 2009
- Superstar Mohanlal booked for possessing elephant tusk - Jun 14, 2012
- Decks cleared for fifth edition of Mammootty film - Apr 20, 2012
- Top tax evader's accountant terms Enforcement Directorate's actions as 'illegal - Mar 24, 2011
Tags: applause, audience, business associates, celebrations, dileep, film stars, income tax, laughter, mammootty, mohanlal, ripples, scrutiny, sleuths, southern cities, superstars, tax authorities, tax evaders, tax evasion, tax payers, trouble makers