Malayalam Rights Of Endhiran Sold For Rs. 5 CroreAugust 27th, 2010 - 7:55 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
August 27, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): The Tamil movie Endhiran, which is already known to be the most expensive Indian film with a budget of Rs. 200 crore, has created history in Mollywood also. In Kerala, the Malayalam dubbed version of the movie has been sold for a record amount of Rs. 5 crore.
One of the top production and distribution companies in Malayalam film industry called G.P.Vijayakumar of Seven Arts, has bought the rights of Endhiran. The amount is one of the highest ever paid dubbed films in Kerala. On the other hand, the Telugu rights of the movie earned the makers a whopping amount of Rs. 33 crore. With this, the Rajinikanth and Aishwarya starrer “Endhiran’ has already earned about Rs. 38 crore from the South Indian states, even before it was released in theaters.
The owners of Malayalam rights of “Endhiran’ think that the film can easily earn much more than the amount it took them to acquire the rights. But a chance of great failure like Mani Ratnam’s Raavan/Raavanan cannot be denied too.
However, they have strong faith in the star power of Rajnikanth, who can draw thousands of viewers alone himself. The audio CD sales of the movie have also crossed the high limits.
Hope the film makes good business at the box office when it releases at the end of next month!
– Sampurn Wire
- Tamil Film Industry Awaits Trade Prospects Of Raavanan - Jun 08, 2010
- Producer Won't Sell Telugu Rights Of Enthiran For Less Than 30 Crore - Aug 04, 2010
- Makers Deny Selling Rights Of Robo - Aug 12, 2010
- Manmadhan Ambu Will Be Dubbed In Hindi And Telugu - Oct 29, 2010
- Star-Studded Endhiran Audio Launch On July 31 - Jul 28, 2010
- Rajnikanth, Aishwarya Starrer 'Endhiran' Still Going Strong At Box Office - Oct 23, 2010
- Srinivasa Rao Gets Rights For Robo At Rs 27 Crore - Aug 10, 2010
- Shikaar Is Final Winner In Ramzan Race! - Sep 29, 2010
- The Most Over-Hyped Bollywood Films Of 2010 - Dec 31, 2010
- Not doing Shankar's film: Deepika Padukone - Jul 24, 2012
- Ratnam's 'Raavanan' part of Austrian Film Museum - Mar 01, 2012
- Mani Ratnam To Be Honored With Jaeger-Lecoultre - Aug 28, 2010
- Christian Brothers' TV Rights Sets A New Record - Jul 20, 2010
- Raavanan To Release In The US - Jun 12, 2010
- 'RA.One' third Indian film to cross Rs.100 crore mark - Oct 24, 2011
Tags: audio cd, box office, cd sales, distribution companies, failure, film industry, good business, indian film, indian states, mani ratnam, mollywood, raavan, rajinikanth, rajnikanth, rs 200, seven arts, star power, strong faith, theaters, vijayakumar