Malayalam film actor Thilakan’s Canada shooting held upJune 13th, 2008 - 11:59 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, June 13 (IANS) National award winner Thilakan, who is to play a key role in a Malayalam film to be shot in Canada and North America, says he is not getting a Canadian visa because of insufficient funds in his account. The crew of the film “Chungakkaarum Veshyakalum” (Tax Collectors and Harlots) is waiting for Thilakan in Canada for the shooting.
“I was supposed to reach Canada last month but my visa application was rejected by the Canadian embassy because I did not have enough money in my bank account,” Thilakan, who is in his 70s, told IANS.
“They have their rules. To get a visit visa at my age is a problem. Now I am arranging certificates to show that I have assets here. I have already got a certificate from the Minister for Culture M.A. Baby certifying that I am a professional and an award winning actor,” he added.
Produced by V.B. Krishna Das, the film is being made under the banner of MaharshiFilms. Scripted and directed by Isaac Thomas, the camera is handled by JayananVincent.
“The film tells the tale of a Christian man taken to Canada by his children,” said Thilakan, who recently won the special mention jury award National Award for his performance in the Malayalam film “Ekantam”.
Thilakan alleged that his “foes” in the Malayalam film industry had tried their best to see that he was thrown out of the movie.
He said: “I have records to prove that my ‘friends’ in the industry here tried their best to convince those behind the film to oust me from the film, but it didnot click.”
“I have 10 days of shooting in Canada and I hope that this time my visa application will be accepted,” said Thilakan.
The film will have an English version too.
- As Kerala celebrates Onam, actor Thilakan battles for life - Aug 28, 2012
- Thilakan returns to commercial Malayalam films - Jun 08, 2011
- Kerala to foot ailing actor Thilakan's medical bills - Aug 26, 2012
- Actor Thilakan's condition critical - Aug 25, 2012
- Thilakan To Play Freedom Fighter In Vinayan's Next - Aug 10, 2010
- Malayalam actor Thilakan dismissed from film forum - Apr 06, 2010
- Writer drags superstar Mohanlal to court - Feb 19, 2011
- Thilakan’s Returns To Drama After 25 Years - Jan 17, 2011
- Thilakan gears up for politics - Jun 28, 2010
- Canada issues first `super visa' - Dec 20, 2011
- Thilakan protests, Malayalam film body demands apology (Lead) - Feb 10, 2010
- Actor Thilakan files police complaint after threat call - Feb 13, 2010
- Thilakan declines to appear before artistes' forum - Mar 07, 2010
- Malayalam writer extends olive branch to Mohanlal - Oct 07, 2011
- Malayalam Actor Thilakan To Be Honored With Bharat Gopi - Jun 10, 2010
Tags: assets, canada, canadian embassy, canadian visa, certificates, christian man, enough money, film actor, film industry, foes, insufficient funds, isaac thomas, jury award, key role, krishna das, national award winner, north america, scripted, tax collectors, visa application