Malawi boys dad disappointed with Madonna’’s divorceOctober 20th, 2008 - 1:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, October 20 (ANI): The biological father of Madonnas Malawi son has said that he was left completely in the dark about the singers divorce with hubby Guy Ritchie and hopes the two reconcile for the sake of the three-year-old.
Yohane Banda, 33, said that he was taken aback when the celebrity couple formally announced their divorce and laments the decision to put his son for adoption.
The peasant farmer further laid blame on the 50-year-old singer for a total lack of communication between him and his son, David, despite her promise to keep in touch.
I am completely ignorant about what is going on. I dont even have photos to show off my son, the TimesOnline quoted him as saying.
Other fathers who have had their children adopted by outsiders have photos in their homes and they receive letters updating them about how their child is doing.
I want to be told about my son, he added.
Banda had chosen to put his son for adoption following the early demise of Davids mother soon after her delivery.
The Lipunga villager had thought the decision would be in the favour of his child and would make him lead a better life.
However, he now fears that the split between Madonna and the Brit director would have an effect on their children.
He said: When a mother and father divorce, or the mother or father marries another person, I know that it becomes very difficult for the children to adjust. (ANI)
- Guy Ritchie names son Rafael - Jun 04, 2012
- Madonna back in Malawi - Apr 06, 2010
- Madonna plans to move back to Britain - Oct 11, 2010
- Madonna's divorce unsettling for adopted son, says African father - Oct 19, 2008
- Madonna 'snubs' adopted kids' families in Malawi - Nov 01, 2009
- Madonna planning baby with Jesus - Jan 20, 2010
- 'Ecstatic' Madonna wins second Malawi adoption case - Jun 13, 2009
- Guy Ritchie calls Madonna 'great mum' after adoption bid fails - Apr 04, 2009
- Madonna's adopted son meets biological father - Mar 31, 2009
- Madonna to adopt another child? - Dec 08, 2009
- Madonna Visits Malawi For Charity Tour - Apr 06, 2010
- Madonna's adopted son set for grand welcome in Malawi - Mar 28, 2009
- Guy Ritchie's girlfriend pregnant again? - Jul 19, 2012
- Madonna 'set to adopt second Malawian tot' - Mar 30, 2009
- Madonna to open an orphanage - Jun 30, 2011
Tags: adoption, better life, biological father, celebrity couple, demise, divorce, favour, guy ritchie, hubby, lack of communication, madonna, malawi, mother and father, outsiders, peasant farmer, sake, singers, timesonline, villager, yohane banda