Making people laugh is a blessing: Anees BazmeeDecember 6th, 2009 - 9:20 am ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, Dec 6 (IANS) Anees Bazmee, the maker of umpteen comedies, is just wrapping up another funny film “No Problem” and has two more films with Akshay Kumar lined up - “Hera Pheri Part 4″ and “Thank You”. And the director says the ability to make people laugh is “a blessing”.
While “No Problem” stars Sanjay Dutt, Ajay Devgn, Sushmita Sen and Kangana Ranaut, “Hera Pheri Part 4″ celebrates the return of the characters conceived by Priyadarshan with Amitabh Bachchan also added to the comic brew.
“Thank You”, which brings Akshay back together with his hit heroine Katrina Kaif, is believed to be Anees’ most intensely romantic film to date. But the director is keen to release “Hera Pheri Part 4″ first.
“Comedy is what sells these days. To make people laugh is a blessing and I’ve done it repeatedly without resorting to vulgarity. The script (of ‘Hera Pheri Part 4′) is ready. And this time apart from the regular ‘Hera Pheri’ cast of Akshay, Suniel Shetty and Paresh Rawal, I’ve also written a role specially for Amit-ji. He’ll play the catalyst in the comedy. It’s every director’s dream to work with Amit-ji and I’m no exception,” Anee said.
But he doesn’t want to be stereotyped as a comedy maker. “I’ve been in the business of writing and directing for more than 30 years. Apart from the comedies I’ve done some really romantic films like ‘Pyar To Hona Hi Tha’ and ‘It’s My Life’, which is ready for release.
“‘Thank You’ is my most personal and romantic subject to date. I’m bringing Akshay and Katrina together again. It’s to be produced by UTV,” the filmmaker added.
Talking about the first two editions of “Hera Pheri”, he said: “I loved the first ‘Hera Pheri’ film by Priyan-ji. But I must confess I didn’t like the second ‘Hera Pheri’ film (’Phir Hera Pheri’ directed by Neeraj Vora) that much.”
Asked why the series has skipped the third segment and moved to the fourth, Anees said: “Actually there’s an explanation in ‘Hera Pheri Part 4′ as to why Part 3 is missing. Just wait and see.”
One comedy that Anees is not doing is the sequel to hit film ‘Singh Is Kinng’.
“I haven’t been approached for this at all,” he said.
- Akshay Kumar - Anees Bazmi in a fix - Dec 05, 2009
- Bazmee will direct 'Welcome Back', not 'Hera Pheri 4' - Jun 12, 2012
- Thank you, Katrinaji Says Akshay Tongue Firmly In Cheek - Nov 25, 2009
- Hera Pheri 4: Can Abhishek Bachchan Match Up To The Akshay Kumar Act? - Nov 29, 2010
- Akshay loves action hero tag more - Sep 18, 2012
- "I Can't Afford Akshay": Producer Feroz Nadiadwala's 4 Years' Wait For Akshay Kumar In Hera Pheri - Aug 28, 2010
- 'Thank You' is not 'No Entry Part 2': Bazmee - Mar 06, 2011
- Prachi Desai comfortable doing intimate scenes (Movie Snippets) - Jun 24, 2010
- I can't afford Akshay Kumar, says Feroz Nadiadwala - Aug 26, 2010
- I can't be doing supporting parts any more: Suniel Shetty - Sep 16, 2010
- Priyadarshan Comes To Akshay Kumar's Rescue - Jun 24, 2010
- Sonam on Her New Favourite Akshay Kumar - Sep 07, 2010
- Sunil Shetty To Take A Sabbatical From Films - Sep 17, 2010
- Action is easy, comedy toughest: Akshay Kumar (Interview) - Mar 10, 2012
- Tusshar heads to Vaishno Devi after 24 years (Movie Snippets) - Sep 03, 2012
Tags: ajay, akshay kumar, amitabh bachchan, catalyst, comedies, filmmaker, funny film, heroine, kangana ranaut, katrina kaif, mumbai, paresh rawal, priyadarshan, romantic film, romantic films, sanjay dutt, subhash k jha, suniel shetty, sushmita sen, vora