Main Miss India’ on Superstars SuperlivesApril 3rd, 2009 - 11:48 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Catch up with India’s most beautiful this Monday-Friday only on ZoOm
They say Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus, likewise a Miss India is often seen as different from the rest of all! She’s got the look, beauty with a unique personality; she is strong, independent, confident and intelligent too. From a stunning beauty with an all rounder personality to winning the most talked about beauty pageants from Miss India to International titles like Miss World, Miss Universe.
Post witnessing the varied traits of the Miss Indias, it makes one admire her true spirit and motivation towards making it big in the profession that she chooses, whether it’s being a top model or high profile corporate… or even spending years honing her acting talent to make a name in Bollywood as an established actress with many awards in her kitty.
History has it that many Miss India winners have excelled in Bollywood and sizzled on the silver screen, facing all the hardships to get to the top. Meet our very own Miss India beauties and Bollywood top actress Juhi Chawla, Dia Mirza, Neha Dupia, Sushmita Sen, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Deepika Padukone among others on Superstars Superlives as the special episode “Main Miss India’ features all about their life, career, on being part of the Miss India pageant, winning the title to what motivates them to making it big in Bollywood ..all this week Monday-Friday, April 06-10, 8.30pm only on ZoOm.
“It’s a complete chain reaction. When you win a beauty pageant, you gain a certain amount of popularity. It’s a great opportunity for film makers to exploit that visibility initially” says Dia Mirza
On being compared to yester years Miss India beauty and all time favorite Bollywood actress Juhi Chawla, Sonam Kapoor said, “I would love to be the next Juhi Chawla, she has got the most amazing comic timing. She was also Miss India. I don’t think that I will be able to achieve and reach where she is right”
“It’s not easy to create a place for yourself in Bollywood even if you have a Miss India title behind you” said Neha Dupia.
Says the beautiful model turned actress Deepika Padukone , “I look up to Sushmita when it comes to style”.
They may be diverse or unique from each other, the one common thing among them is that, they are now stars of silver screen and belong to the B-town. Miss India gave them a common platform to enter this industry and today they have their well deserved stardom.
So tune in to Superstars Superlives special “Main Miss India’ to find out more about the Miss Indias-turned-top Bollywood actress this Monday-Friday, April 6-10, 8.30pm only on ZoOm. -Sampurn Media
- Models bypass pageants for straight road to Bollywood - Aug 23, 2012
- Who says models can't act? - Aug 08, 2011
- No Bollywood plans as yet: Vasuki Sunkavalli (With Image) - Jul 18, 2011
- I want Madhubala's films, Madhuri's talent: Dia - Mar 29, 2012
- Indore girl wins Miss Asia Pacific 2012 (With Images) - Jun 19, 2012
- Manasvi Mamgai is Miss India World 2010 - May 01, 2010
- Sushmita congratulates Parul for bringing honour to India (With Images) - Dec 28, 2011
- India has more beauty queens than most countries: Diana - Jun 14, 2012
- Dia, Prachi recall their mothers' selfless love - May 12, 2012
- Celeb quotient high at Mumbai Marathon's 'Dream Run' - Jan 16, 2011
- Sushmita hails Himangini's win as best gift - Jun 22, 2012
- India makes it to top five at Miss Asia Pacific World - Oct 16, 2011
- Akshay Kumar on 'Superstars Superlives' - Mar 30, 2009
- Bollywood stars roots for favourite IPL teams - Mar 13, 2010
- Bollywood celebs grace Riteish-Genelia reception - Feb 05, 2012
Tags: aishwarya rai, beauty pageants, bollywood actress, comic timing, deepika padukone, dia mirza, india beauties, india beauty, international titles, juhi chawla, men are from mars, miss india, miss indias, miss universe, sonam kapoor, sushmita sen, true spirit, winning the title, women are from venus, yester years