Mahie decides to go glam after ‘Dev D’, ‘Gulaal’March 27th, 2009 - 9:48 am ICT by IANS
By Joginder Tuteja
Mumbai, March 27 (IANS) Actress Mahie Gill, who impressed audiences with her mature performance in “Dev D” and “Gulaal”, said she will be seen in glamorous roles in her forthcoming films.
“As an actor I want to do all kinds of roles and work in different genre of films. ‘Dev D’ was a fantastic appearance while ‘Gulaal’ did see me in a semi-glam avtar as I played a mistress-cum-mujra dancer who was a huge fan of Tabu. However, none of the films had me running around the trees,” said Mahie.
So is running around the trees and singing romantic numbers next on the anvil?
“Why not? I pretty much love conventional Bollywood cinema. And don’t forget that I have worked as a heroine in Punjabi films as well. So it is not going to be anything surprisingly different for me to get into a typical heroine mode,” she said.
Mahie, who has been one of the newcomers this year, will now be seen in two more UTV productions “Aage Se Right” and “Paan Singh Tomar”. So is she in some kind of contract with the production house?
“No, not at all. I don’t have any kind of contract with them. They just saw the rushes of ‘Dev D’ and signed me on soon after.”
Talking about her roles in the two films, Mahie said: “‘Aage Se Right’ is a comic thriller in which I play a reporter. I would be seen in a semi-glam part though there is a song where people will get to see me in a full-on glam avtar. I am paired opposite Shreyas Talpade in the film.”
Directed by Indrajit Nattoji, “Aage Se Right” is set in Mumbai and spans over five days of panic, chaos and mayhem when a sub-inspector loses his gun. This triggers off a series of incidents that gets progressively complicated yet comic and, as the gun travels, it passes through the most unlikely set of characters and links them together.
“Another film of mine is ‘Paan Singh Tomar’ which is the true epic journey of a talented runner (Irrfan Khan) who turned into a rebel! This film has me in a non-glam role though. Tigmanshu Dhulia, the film’s director, has done an excellent job with his characters in the film,” she said.
“Paan Singh Tomar” is about an athlete who gave up his running shoes, became a rebel and wreaked havoc in the Chambal Valley.
- "By nature, I am a shy person" - Mahie Gill - May 04, 2009
- I want to explore myself as an actor: Mahie Gill - Sep 26, 2011
- Beyond offbeat films, I want comedy, romance: Mahie Gill - Feb 25, 2012
- I feel awkward doing intimate scenes: Mahie Gill - Aug 02, 2011
- Mahi Gill looking forward to exciting offers - May 22, 2009
- 'Paan Singh Tomar' a rare cinematic treat (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Mar 03, 2012
- 'Bold' Mahie not worried about being typecast - Feb 25, 2012
- Bollywood sensation Mahie Gill bereaved - Apr 08, 2009
- Irrfan Khan leaves Mahie Gill impressed - Apr 03, 2009
- 'That girl…' my last intense film with Kalki: Anurag (Movie Snippets) - Aug 09, 2011
- Former athletes wanted money to talk about Paan Singh: Irrfan Khan - Feb 18, 2012
- Nawazuddin feels training must for actors - May 27, 2012
- Professional Actress Mahie Gill Experiences The Embarrassment Of Being Drunk On Set - Jan 31, 2011
- Lata surprised by Shoaib's remarks on Sachin (Movie Snippets) - Sep 29, 2011
- Interesting Facts and Figures Mahi Gill - May 16, 2009
Tags: anvil, avtar, comic thriller, epic journey, forthcoming films, glamorous roles, heroine mode, irrfan khan, joginder, mature performance, mayhem, mistress, mumbai, newcomers, paan, rushes, Shreyas Talpade, spans, two films, utv