Mahesh Bhatt is ready to shock fans againMay 14th, 2009 - 1:44 pm ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, May 14 (IANS) Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt has managed to surprise his fans by showing slices of his life in his narratives like “Arth” that was about his relationship with late actress Parveen Babi and “Zakhm”, about him and his mother. Now he is ready to shock everyone with his book “A Taste Of Life” and says it will outlive all his movies.
“It’s something far more vital (than movies). My book ‘A Taste Of Life’ will outlive all my movies. It’s my diary of my last days with the breath of my life U.G. Krishnamurthy. This is by far the best work I’ve ever done in my life. It’s the most naked expression of my heart. It’s going to be a shocker,” Bhatt told IANS.
The book hits stores at the end of May.
“It tears down the sacred ideas of the human race. It stares unflinching into the face of death. And it celebrates life,” said the director who has taken a break from direction and promoting young talents through his production house Vishesh Films.
Speaking about the end of his career as a director, Bhatt said: “The page has turned. Chances of me directing another film are almost nil. I now want to watch the young directors in our production house make films. When you teach the young, you touch the future. Some people have said I ghost-directed our latest production ‘Jashn’. The film is the brainchild of the co-directors Raksha and Husain. It is unfair to strip them of the credit.”
Some of his best films as director are “Saransh”, “Naam”, “Daddy”, “Aashiqui”, “Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin”, “Sadak”, “Sir” and “Hum Hain Rahi Pyaar Ke”.
Bhatt’s last directorial venture was Jackie Shroff and Sanjay Dutt starrer “Kartoos” (1999). He insists that he hasn’t given up on creativity.
Right now he is excited about the release of his book.
“It’s not as though I’ve given up on creativity. I’m now more vigorously engaged with the stream of life than ever before. Like the flower that blooms, gives its fragrance and then fades away, I’m also moving on. As a creative artiste I’m right now most excited about my book,” he said.
- 'Aashiqui 2' about Mahesh Bhatt's first love - Feb 07, 2012
- I've said goodbye to direction: Mahesh Bhatt (Interview) - Apr 22, 2012
- 'Aashiqui 2' bold move by Vishesh Films: Rahul Roy - Jul 12, 2012
- Investing in newcomers not a risk: Mahesh Bhatt (Interview) - Sep 09, 2012
- Shraddha Kapoor bags 'Aashiqui 2' - Jun 07, 2012
- 'Raaz 3' most important film of my life: Vikram Bhatt (Film Snippets) - Jun 30, 2011
- Sunny never asked to star opposite Rahul: Mahesh - Nov 29, 2011
- Piggy Chops remembers Whitney Houston (Movie Snippets) - Feb 16, 2012
- Sunny never asked to star opposite Rahul: Mahesh (Lead) - Nov 29, 2011
- Mahesh Bhatt expects no gratitude from his discoveries! - Jul 10, 2011
- Rahul Roy not keen to do special role in 'Ashiqui 2' - Aug 16, 2012
- Karan Johar's emotion runs high with SOTY - Aug 02, 2012
- Mohit Suri to direct 'Aashiqui 2' with fresh faces - Feb 04, 2012
- 'Aashiqui 2' will be family film, promises Mahesh Bhatt - Jul 10, 2012
- Mohit Suri blames talent hunt for 'Aashiqui 2' delay - Jul 07, 2012
Tags: aashiqui, actress parveen babi, arth, best films, brainchild, co directors, directorial venture, face of death, jackie shroff, kartoos, ki manta, parveen babi, sadak, sanjay dutt, shocker, stream of life, subhash k jha, taste of life, u g krishnamurthy, zakhm