Mahesh Bhatt Adament On Keeping The Topless Scene In CrookOctober 7th, 2010 - 7:51 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
October 7, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Emraan Hashmi starrer upcoming movie Crook will be releasing this Friday but the movie is still under controversy! The censor board has asked producer Mahesh Bhatt to edit a topless scene of a woman to get a U/A certificate for his movie. But Mahesh is adamant to keep the scene in ‘Crook’ and for this, he is ready to release the movie with an ‘A’ certificate.
However, the director of the movie, Mohit Suri wanted to get a U/A certificate for his movie so he approached his uncle for the same, but Mahesh wanted to release it as ‘Adults Only’.
The censor screening of Crook was done last Tuesday in presence of Mohit Suri and Mukesh Bhatt.
A source was quoted saying that the controversial scene was shot in Australia with an actress named Stella Alan. A drunken Emraan passes out in Stella’s car and finds himself in her bed the next morning, when he wakes up. He gets to see her changing her clothes, when he comes out from the washroom, the source added.
The source further said that in this particular scene, the camera captures the nude backside of the actress. Mahesh has reportedly tried to justify his decision by saying that a film like Ram Teri Ganga Maili was allowed to show frontal nudity, then, why his film is not being allowed to show the side nudity only. However, the censor board is not willing to buy his justification and thus rubbished the point.
When Mohit and Mukesh called up Mahesh, he reportedly said that no compromise will be done with the scene in any circumstances.
It is learnt that the actress, who has performed the topless scene, had no issues to shot it even without a body suit. In fact, the director Mohit Suri did ask to opt for a body suit if she feels uncomfortable but Stella was fine without it.
Mahesh Bhatt has admitted that he had a spat with Mohit regarding this censor issue but later added that there was nothing wrong in it. Bhatt said that the scene has a dramatic impact and it is very relevant to the film. He said that the young generation expects some sensationalism in the movies so he will prefer keeping the scene and go ahead with an ‘A’ certificate.
– Sampurn Media
- Mahesh Bhatt Upset About Crook's Failure - Oct 13, 2010
- Emraan back to locking lips on screen - Sep 10, 2010
- Mukesh Bhatt's son debuts as director with 'Murder 3' - Jun 17, 2012
- Crook Promos Gets Leaked Online Before Official Release - Sep 23, 2010
- Vishesh Films To Release 'Crook- It's Good To Be Bad' On October 8 - Sep 03, 2010
- 'Aashiqui 2' will be family film, promises Mahesh Bhatt - Jul 10, 2012
- Mohit Suri wants to wed Udita Goswami if 'Crook...' succeeds - Oct 02, 2010
- Vote for 'Murder 2' posters: Bhatt (With Images) - Jun 07, 2011
- Shooting lovemaking scenes gives nightmares to director - Jun 27, 2011
- Bhandarkar unhappy with bar on 'A' films on TV - Aug 28, 2012
- 'Jism 2' TV promos will be toned down: Dino - Jul 02, 2012
- Liplock not bold anymore: Kunal Deshmukh - May 03, 2012
- I've said goodbye to direction: Mahesh Bhatt (Interview) - Apr 22, 2012
- 'Crook' about racial attacks on Indians in Australia (IANS Preview) - Oct 04, 2010
- 'Aashiqui 2' likely to release on Valentine's Day - Jul 08, 2012
Tags: actress, adament, backside, body suit, compromise, controversial scene, controversy, emraan hashmi, frontal nudity, ganga, justification, last tuesday, mukesh bhatt, next morning, ram teri ganga maili, spat, stella, teri, topless scene, washroom