Maggie Rodriguez, Harry Smith and Dave Price Replaced From CBS’s “The Early Show”December 2nd, 2010 - 2:59 am ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Dec 1, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Maggie Rodriguez, the co-anchor of “The Early Show” has been replaced from the show along with Harry Smith and Dave Price, CBS News president Sean McManus and executive producer David Friedman announced on Tuesday. David Friedman said that the replacement was because the network was not getting the results they hoped to get through the show. Chris Wragge, Erica Hill and former “Good Morning America” weekend weather forecaster, Marysol Castro will join CBS’s “The Early Show” from next January. Jeff Glor will be new anchor of the broadcast.
Sean McManus said in his statement that “The Early Show” is an important part of CBS news and the network constantly focuses on improving the broadcast. Sean McManus said that the network thinks that now CBS has a good combination of Chris Wragge, Erica Hill, Marysol Castro and Jeff Glor who would be able to pull audience for the show. He said that the new team will be able to bring “vibrancy” and “warmth” that the American audience would love to see. Talking about the new anchors, Sean McManus said that they are accomplished broadcasters and they have proven themselves in their other shows.
The president of CBS news said that he is excited to give his viewers an opportunity to welcome the new anchors each morning through “The Early Show”. The network released a statement where it was stated that Harry Smith, Maggie Rodriguez and Dave Price will remain in their new roles on CBS. Harry Smith be seen on the “CBS Evening News”, “Face the Nation” and “Sunday Morning”. However, Maggie Rodriguez and Dave Price’s new roles will be announced soon.
- Erica Hill Set To Leave CNN For CBS - Jan 09, 2010
- CBS News Correspondent Harold Dow Passes Away - Aug 22, 2010
- Harold Dow Died Because Of Asthma Attack, Family Says - Aug 24, 2010
- Love really can last a lifetime - Jan 26, 2011
- Scott Pelley to replace Katie Couric - May 04, 2011
- Katie Couric signs a $20 million deal with ABC - May 06, 2011
- Television Networks Gear Up To Cover Michael Jackson Memorial Service - Jul 07, 2009
- And that's the way it is - Walter Cronkite dies aged 92 - Jul 18, 2009
- Woods' return to Augusta Masters most-watched golf event ever - Apr 10, 2010
- Swarm of media headed towards Chelsea Clinton's super private wedding - Jul 29, 2010
- Gayle King debuts on CBS show 'This Morning' - Jan 09, 2012
- Walter Cronkite dies at 92 - Jul 18, 2009
- Marysol Castro Bids Adieu To "Good Morning America" - Sep 27, 2010
- Woods off green transgressions won't overshadow his gains on it: Golf historian - Mar 18, 2010
- Walter Cronkite, "Americas most trusted man", dead - Jul 18, 2009
Tags: american audience, anchors, cbs evening news, cbs news, chris wragge, dave price, david friedman, early show, erica hill, executive producer david, face the nation, gina gomez, good combination, good morning america, harry smith, jeff glor, marysol castro, sean mcmanus, weather forecaster, weekend weather